No Cost of living Adjustment and Medicare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrscalia, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Well it Official ..... With all this talk about heath care and all here is the break down as of this year .

MY HMO when form $80 a month to $94 ..... as I remember this is how much it goes up every year
    as I remember COLA was about $19 with a gain of $5

I am now thinking about dropping my dental , glasses , hearing aid coverage that will drop my by bill $20

WOW this is Change

............. Change if I'm Lucky I may have some in my Pocket

Here is short story about whats going on

I don't understand this stimulus bill

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."

2. ahahahaha, this is perfect:hello:

3. #3 aaronman, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    Come on dude, be fair... Obama has only been in office for one year... not nearly enough time to feel the full effects of his policy.

In a couple of years you'll look back at that $94 dollar bill and realize how good you had it.

:D

4. Good story. I got a quick laugh out of it. +rep :hello:

5. Barack Obama hates old and poor people?

6. Barack Obama doesn't care about old and poor people.

[​IMG]

7. That's Mike Meyers and Kanye West, not Obama.

Huh?

8. I was parodying those 2, because K.W. said (in this picture) "George Bush hates black people."

9. I was attempting to make a humorous reference to a comment made by Kanye West on live TV in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI]YouTube - Bush Doesnt Care About Black People[/ame]

"George Bush doesn't care about black people".

edit: wow, I see I was explanation-ninja'd by Sir Elliot.
    beaten to the punch.

10. Kanye West is a retard, i don't even know why people purchase his crummy ass songs, "i'm gonna call my manager to see how much i can donate", is a cop out and in actuality probably the furthest thing from the truth. I don't call my broker and ask him what a safe number to donate is, you give from your heart not what will bring television views.

P.s. we don't hate black people Kanye, JUST YOU.

sorry, i know this is old, i just don't know who Kanye thinks he is, telling people G. Bush hates them based on skin color, and trying to deny grammy awards because... the other contestant is black and deserves it more?

11. haha wow, that was awesomely awkward.

12. Did I say anyone name?

this big point is ever since 1975 there has been a cost of living increase and too that point most of that money has gone to the heath care .......First time in 34 years the GOV is saying OH THIS YEAR PRICES ARE NOT GOING UP ...... YET ONE WHO TAKES MOST OF THAT INCREASE IS INCREASING THE BILL

NO Cost of Living Adjustment ---- this was a choice

Hope You don't think that you will being getting that same size TAX return you got last year .... it will be less .... its MATH

13. Did you skip READING?