Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No/clear Smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by antsyinthepantsy, May 13, 2014.

1. Hi, newbie here, sorry if this is ridiculous. 

Sometimes when I smoke, the is a lot of white cloudy smoke. Sometimes, however, while the weed is burning, no smoke / clear smoke will come out. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening? 

Thanks very much!

2. Like... when you exhale or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I'm using a bong and while the stuff is burning in the bowl and turning black and all that, no smoke comes through for me to inhale. When I exhale, there is usually a very small amount of smoke that's thin, not puffy and white like the other smoke. 

4. You got good bud or is it schwag or low end mids? I know when I smoke really crappy weed (only twice thankfully) there isn't nice thick white smoke.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. No airflow into your bong?  Bud is not ground up enough?

6. that usually happens to me when my bud isn't fine enough- like when I just break up some nugs and throw them in they have a hard time burning and seem to char more than anything else.

Use a grinder if you can, scissors if you can't and see if that makes a difference.

also, Is your bong glass on glass? if not, it could be that you don't have a very good seal around the bowl/joint area.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Try taking bigger hits. Your lungs also absorb alot of it aswell. In movies, the biggest reason that actors have alot of smoke is that they don't inhale. They hold it in their mouths.

8. most of the time when it smolders in the bowl, the smoke doesn't normally funnel into the bong(although it does sometimes). As for the thickness of the smoke when you exhale, it depends on how long you hold it in; it's possible to completely ghost a hit, and have no smoke come out :smoke:

You win. It wasn't ground well enough. Thanks so much!!