Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe No butter no alcohol

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Venessa, Aug 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I'm interested in making jello... No alcohol only the.... I saw a recipe for chocolate stating to grind your decarboxylated weed very fine, n mix in the coconut oil n cocoa then let cool..... I was hoping it would work if I decarboxylated weed, then grinded as fine as possible can I add it to my jello mix and then just cool?????

2. Well with the coconut oil that is still a good fat - one of the best actually- to infuse cannabis into. While pouring it into the jello mix may give you some effect, you are better off infusing the herb into a fat. As long as it is decarbed though it should still have some effect depending how much you put in

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to The Forum. What you're suggesting would work. If you decarboxylated and put enough into your Jello but many people suffer from digestive issues from eating cannabis. That's why it is far more common to separate the THC from the cannabis with the attraction of a fatty oil like coconut oil or a solvent like a Everclear 190 proof.
    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Many people decarb herb, grind, put into capsules, and report good results.
    That doesn't work as well as edibles for some of us, but everyone's different.
    The only way to know whether this will work is to try it.
    Make the smallest possible batch, and see. Many recipes will work using as little as 1 gram herb.
    Lecithin helps with oil, and might also help with jello.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I make the oil with coconut oil after decarbing my flower in the oven, I place in a large pot, add the decarbed flower to the oil and let it sit on low so 10-15m and then I strain it thru a clean paint strainer. I use that mixture to make gummies, you really have to mix it well or the oil won't incorporate into the gummies, and you'll get gummies with an congealed oil layer when they are done.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 100% water soluble foods with no fat are close to impossible to infuse with weed. The easiest way would be to make weed infused whipped cream and put it on top of the jello