No Apologies For Slavery

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by lightfiend, Nov 2, 2009.

1. #1 lightfiend, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    No Apologies For Slavery

The Southern Avenger goes on an intellectual rant about the stigma of slavery in America and how it is used as a tool in modern politics

2. Link didn't work.

3. yeah, page not found

4. Copy and paste the link. The hyperlink in the forums is fucked up.

5. Can't see the link but I'm gonna say right now I probably agree with a lot of what this guy has to say.

6. "The Southern Avenger" lol, wow.

7. What is a spink? You mean spics? like Latinos? Yeah fuck them....:rolleyes:

8. It is not my fault that my grandfathers owned slaves, therefor, i am not sorry.
    It was a terrible and cruel practice, yet so are mary j laws...

9. i have 0 apologies for slavery. i didnt do shit, and not one fucking person alive in this country was ever a slave. so GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK. beating a dead horse however many years after it died (especially like 150) is retarded. besides, my ancestors could NOT afford slaves as they were immigrant farmers, thats why they had kids instead. so i had nothing to do with it so i could honestly not give 2 shits more about it.

10. "A person who is part hispanic/part asian, a play off the words '****' and '*****'; sometimes used against Filipinos." Also it was a joke from the Dave Chappelle show....

You can't compare slavery to mary j laws. :rolleyes: that's just ignant.

11. #13 newbgrow, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    It had some good stuff and some kinda iffy stuff.

I did really like what he said about sharpton in regards to his neglect for modern day slavery and his focus on America's past slavery.

Although I agree that someone from our time apologizing for actions of whites from 150 years ago is ridiculous, that wasn't the end of the bullshit. Up until the 60's (and even somewhat today) black people have had to put up with a lot of bullshit. Not to mention being socially and economically oppressed throughout America's history.

Still though, I think many of these "activists" are hypocritical assholes because they demonize white people yet they themselves blatantly ignore current slavery issues.

Edit: I also found what he said about wallmart to be amusing.

12. and all kinds of *****s too brother...

haha racist..

13. [quote name='kishou']"A person who is part hispanic/part asian, a play off the words '****' and '*****'; sometimes used against Filipinos." Also it was a joke from the Dave Chappelle show....

You can't compare slavery to mary j laws. :rolleyes: that's just ignant.[
    /QUOTE]
    The irony here is slammin tonight.

14. hey i wonder....anybody think of a culture that has not taken or ever been part of the slave trade, not as victims but willing participants. slavery is not just and anglo/european thing. i can't think of a single culture that has not engaged in this practice at some point in their history.

i think that it is time to give the "stigma" thing a rest. i have no apologies as well. my ancestors were indentured servants...kinda like a willing slavery in exchange for passage to america. they were not slave owners, but even if they were it's not my fault. look forward not backward

15. I'm not sure if it's possible to be apologetic for the actions someone's ancestors committed 150+ years ago. This does not mean, though, that I believe slavery was right. It was a terrible thing, and there is still much animosity and bitterness on both sides in the wake of segregation and slavery in the United States.

Although I don't feel we should be apologetic for the actions committed such a long time ago, the fact that there is still much racial tension and bigotry today is a testament to the fact that there is still a great deal of hate in our country.

Just as capitalizing on/ holding grudges about something that happened in the past is wrong, displaying confederate flags and displaying racist banter is just as/even more fucked up.

I'm sure the "southern avenger" has no apologies for segregation, either.