Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No 420 people renting out rooms in NYC?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420volfan, Dec 25, 2012.

1. So, I'm planning to move to NYC to fulfill my dream of being a comedian. It's a long shot, but we have one life and I'm willing to give it a try. Every room I see for rent of craigslist always includes "no drugs". How in such a big city could person renting a room not allow marijuana? I have been looking at rooms for weeks every day, and still haven't found one that is 420 friendly... Is New York an underestimated toker haven?

2. Its illegial... Just live where you want to keep your weed smoking/smell to a min

3. Lost me now

4. Wrong topic haha

5. [quote name='"420volfan"']So, I'm planning to move to NYC to fulfill my dream of being a comedian. It's a long shot, but we have one life and I'm willing to give it a try. Every room I see for rent of craigslist always includes "no drugs". How in such a big city could person renting a room not allow marijuana? I have been looking at rooms for weeks every day, and still haven't found one that is 420 friendly... Is New York an underestimated toker haven?[/quote]

Are you stupid or just sarcastic, DRUGS ARE I L L E G A L. You dont tell them you smoke, oh btw i thought it said "fulfill my dream of being a CANADIAN" and thats why i asked if ur stupid

6. Hide the smell or buy a vape. Or if to stupid for both dont smoke

7. I can't hide it forever. Eventually there will be a clue that I smoke, then I will be homeless...

8. A vape= no smell if you cant figure this out you shouldn't even live alone

9. I've had a vape before... I still had some smell... To be fair it was an old POS.... I'll need a good quantity of visine too...

10. Gotta toke... That's when I write my best shit... It's a creative process haha

11. Dude its not that serious. Go to nyc smoke your weed and relax shit aint that serious youll.b fine. Think of the millions who live in ny and smoke. If you arent causing a problem people wont care much

12. You're right... I live in Tennessee where the backwards ass cops wanna lych stoners... I'd imagine it's better in NYC...

13. who cares if the add says "no drugs?"

get a vaporizer (so you can smoke inside w/out any issues) and enjoy the city! considering weed is illegal in NY, it shouldn't be that surprising that people aren't posting ads proclaiming that they're "420 friendly."

i'm sure if my apt owner knew i had weed, he'd kick me out simply for legal reasons. you just gotta be low key if you're unfortunate enough to live in a place that discriminates against cannabis.

14. NYC they talking about real work, marijuana isnt drugs

15. places will allow it

they won't advertise they allow it lol

16. Deff aint more comedy in boston wtf u smoking

17. All the comics from Boston (Bill Burr, Patrice O'neal, Dane Cook ect.) cut their teeth in Boston, but they all went to NYC to make it big. I'm 21 now and have been doing open mics in the south east since I was 16 so I've been cutting my teeth for a while now... Also, part of my moving/survive money will be selling my car so the NYC subway system will be a saving grace... I get his point though... You won't make it in this business unless you hit up the Boston area at some point. Same thing goes with Chicago...

18. Yeah....boston which has a 2am last call has MORE comedy opps than NYC. while boston does have a comedy pedigree, NYC is the better of the two options: you have comedy writing opps, stand-up opps, and steady commercial work opps. both cities have decriminalized pot, with the limit being up to an ounce for NYC, so both can be characterized as smoke friendly.

having found roommates (and looked for shares) on craigslist....I would suggest being up front with those you are interviewing. Odds are the no drugs is more about hard drugs...and if you ask if the no drugs policy is inclusive of pot you probably will be pleasantly surprised. I have found NYC is smoke friendly but is not 'pothead' friendly if that makes sense. If you are the type to have a smelly bong water around the apartment then no matter how smoke friendly your share may be you will find yourself person non-gratis quickly.....

19. Have you tried just straight up asking if they're strict on it? Managers are people too, you know, and a lot of them smoke too.

20. #20 CBoddicker, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    You could smoke in a "drug-free" apartment, what's stopping you? There are many ways to hide the smell of weed. The best way is to crack a window and blow your hits out of if, provided everybody else windows are closed/they can't smell it. If that isn't an option then an electronic ozone/carbon filter would be good. I've never used one personally but heard they can kill the smell over large area. This whole situation is subjective and the best methods depend on your living situation. Towel the door to avoid smell getting into the hallway. Avoid joints and blunts if possible and use your common sense.

I would recommend looking into vaporizers too as they cut down on smell drastically.

Also a good odor eliminator for indoor smoking, I use it personally and it blows febreeze, lysol or any of those out of the water.
    [​IMG]