NLXH, HXMW, WR first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by WeFitPineSoFine, Oct 31, 2004.

1. I just got a camera and would like some help along the way. All of you have gotten me to this point. I am the opposite of computer literate and do not have a clue how to put the pics from my computer into this thread. Please help my grow is in the first week of bloom phase and I need to post to get the sex of my plants.

2. hows it..

dude i was in the same boat as you....didnt know how to use a pc...wanted to grow.....and neede help with both....thank god the wike knows how to use the pc and the guys here helped me grow......you do have to do some of your own work too though :smoke:

if you need help with anythig give me a yell..

laters jay.

3. When you write ur reply (don't use the quick reply) scroll down and you should see "Manage Attachments" click on that. When the window pops up click the first "Browse" button. Another window will open, find where you saved the pics off your camera. Double click on the name when you see it in that window now you should be back to the window that has the 5 "browse" buttons and there should be a bunch of words in the white box to the left of the first browse button. if not try again if so then u can move onto the next second button and repeat the steps above. when ur done that click on the upload button in the bottom right corner of that window. When you see the filename of ur picture in the window and the "browse" buttons are gone you can click on the "close this window" button. And guess what your done! the pics will be at the bottom of ur post. Hope that helps, if ur still confused i can walk u through it if u have MSN or something. Oh if you want to see what the 2 sexs look like sweak did a great post about dermining sex or you I have some really high resolution shots of a male and a female in my grow journal:

Click here to see a Male:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=47909&page=3&pp=15

Click here to see Female:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=47909&page=4&pp=15

Hope that helped,
    Vokal

4. it says that I only have so much kb to use and my pics are over that. I have tried to find a way to make them smaller. I will keep the trial and error thing going on my end, because I think this is a software thing on my computer/camera that is causing this problem. :confused:

5. The pics are too big ya see, they have to be a maximum of 100kb each!
    I use a mac ya see so i dunno if i can help ya but i use adobe photoshop to to the editing and stuff! If u got any image software u should be able to make it a smaller file!
    CWL
    Your grow sounds nice ;) a lot of nice strains there!

6. Well I have had too much frustration trying to crop the pics down and save to different programs to get the size to less than 100KB or something. Oh well, these girls are just going into the bloom phase (day 2) and they are ranging from 13"-16". I would have induced flowering earlier, but my schedule has been real busy. I am using the canna aqua series with Aqua Vega A and B, Aqua Flores A and B. Rhizotonic, helps for already rooted plants to stimulate root growth. Cannazyme, helps break down the nutes for easier acceptance to the roots. PK 13/14 has somewhat the same effect (maybe better) as "Big Bud" used during bloom phase. I have a 1000W hortilux HPS system. Aerojet 3X3 that was custom made for me. Also, I used a roll of CocoTek mat and cut it to line the net pots and man I tested it on several plants and some without it and there was a definite difference in the ones that I didn't use it with. I ended up topping the ones that I used coco with to let the other catch up. Anyway, I want to share pics of this venture with all of you. :wave:

7. oh and for veg I used a 400W MH system. It did not have the remote ballast so I had to watch the temp in the room quite close.

8. what type of image editing software do you have? when you go to edit your image, you should have a choice of resizing the picture. just resize it down to the correct kb limit. you would be safe in the 475x600 pixel range. would really like to see your pictures :smoke:

9. I am working with it now. I gotta figure this out sometime, might as well dive right in. The pixel amounts are probably going to come in usefull because I've seen amounts such as those before. Thanx mucho :smoke:

10. :rolleyes: I think I did it, but I have to wait now until the lights come back on tonight to take decent pics. Here goes I hope this works.

Attached Files:

11. Here is a wider shot of my grow. The back row are Hawaii x maui waui, down the middle are White Rhino, and along the right side are Northern lights x Haze. I got the seeds from buydutchseeds.com and I have to say that all 15 that I germinated cracked and lived until I had to dispose of three, because I only have 12 sites on the AeroJet.

Attached Files:

12. Wow looks great! On my camera I drop the resolution (see owners manual) down to 600x800 (at 3 mega pixels) so i don't have to crop/edit my pics later on. but well you have things well under control and one heck of a setup. Can't wait to see some buds on those babies...

13. I have my ppm at around 900. It has been tough to keep 3 different strains happy when they all feed off the same rez. I have kept my Ph at around 6.2. I don't have a sense of smell, but man my sister came by and she says ooooowwwwweeeeeee. She doesn't smoke so she says it smells real pungent. Anyway, that is my update at 2 days flowering.

14. yeah i bet, and its gonna get a lot worse m8. i cant advise u strongly enough to get a carbon filter for ur own safty. ok u mite get away with it but smell is 1 of the main reasons people get found and busted.

good luck with the grow, its lookin nice.

oh and when do u intend to use the pk?

15. I intend on using the pk two or three weeks before harvest. I don't want to use it any sooner than that for the pure fact that what I've read recomends to only use it at the tail end of bloom phase.

16. When sexing my plants (12) I found that only like 3 are for sure female. Now this is my first grow with seedbank strained seeds and my first with hydro (aero). I have come to the conclusion that it would save me money in the long run to shell out the extra cash and buy feminized seeds. Here is why. I spent a lot on my nutes that are essentially wasted on male plants, along with the electricity to grow them until i know what they are. Also, the space that will not be used in bloom will now be a waste as well. There are a lot of ways that feminized seeds would make things better. If any of you agree or disagree let me know cuz this is an issue I haven't seen online before, as well I was ill prepared to come to this conclusion. :confused:

17. i would make a second consideration on the feminized seeds. jus so unnatural, in meaning there should be no such thing, but for each his own. id go with the genetics, get yourself a good alpha male and breed em with your best female, all problems solved, minimal amount of waste towards nutes, money and you get something in the end.

18. i agree.....i dont like femd seeds......ive decided that growing from clones with hydro is the best way to go.....laters

19. Hi guys, I just wanted to throw somethin out here about feminized seed. I noticed Dread mentioned it to be unnatural. I can not agree with that and find it difficult to find out where that information would be found. It is normal for a plant to kick in a deep inner need to duplicate itself each and every generation it grows. Sometimes we see screwed up genetics and hermaphroditism occurs causing a mess. These are not desireable seeds. However, when a budding flower is allowed to over ripen. It will sometimes produce male flowers. These flowers will be viable and can polinate the bud. Many times these male flowers will be overlooked because they are so small. They appear like a banana protruding from a swollen calyax. These banana's can be harvested and used to fertilize other females of different strains to produce feminized seed. My widow femmed herself my last grow and I grew out some of her seeds. Ended up culling down to a dozen before flowering I got a dozen girls. lol. This is all explained in greater detail in an article in HT magazine written by Soma on feminizing seeds. tc gm714

20. Hi guys, I just wanted to throw somethin out here about feminized seed. I noticed Dread mentioned it to be unnatural. I can not agree with that and find it difficult to find out where that information would be found. It is normal for a plant to kick in a deep inner need to duplicate itself each and every generation it grows. Sometimes we see screwed up genetics and hermaphroditism occurs causing a mess. These are not desireable seeds. However, when a budding flower is allowed to over ripen. It will sometimes produce male flowers. These flowers will be viable and can polinate the bud. Many times these male flowers will be overlooked because they are so small. They appear like a banana protruding from a swollen calyax. These banana's can be harvested and used to fertilize other females of different strains to produce feminized seed. My widow femmed herself my last grow and I grew out some of her seeds. Ended up culling down to a dozen before flowering I got a dozen girls. lol. This is all explained in greater detail in an article in HT magazine written by Soma on feminizing seeds.

WeFit: Nice plants you've got going there. I've got some NL5/Haze going from seed right now and am very excited about it. They are from Nirvana. I look forward to seeing how yours turn out. tc gm714