NL x BB plant has sacs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PG10, Jun 15, 2008.

1. I just visited one of my plants today, and right away noticed some male pollen sacks. Some of them had already bursted. I am curious as to why this happened, and have read about it before.

Does this happen more often with males than females?

Is this some recessive gene in the marijuana plant which causes early flowering, or is it environmentally related?

Last question; I have read people saying keeping males is a waste of time, and that you can't make cannabutter out of them. Should I just cut it now, or let it grow and try and make some butter...or is it a waste of time? Thanks for any help.

K

2. take the seeds...

3. Huh? I don't understand...

4. You should kill the males because they don't bud and they will reduce the quality of your budding females and create seeds in your weed.

5. For now that isn't a problem, the plants closest to it are nowhere near flowering. I think I'll cut it soon though and attempt to make some brownies out of it.

I guess I am mostly curious as to why the plant released pollen so early and why the stamens showed this early.

6. You would need a lot of males to get any good amount of THC. 1 male isn't going to do anything.

7. Just out of curiosity, what part of the male plant did you think could give you enough THC for edibles?

8. The leaves. I guess I would need at least an ounce, which I don't have; so far it's just one plant which has stamens.

It would be a waste of time then to try and make brownies out of it? How many leaves would I need, an ounce?