Nl from Nirvana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by hashtimepat, May 10, 2012.

1. is the northern lights from Nirvana similar to the NL from sensi seeds. my pink monkey bought 5 fem NL from Nirvana are them going to be low Oder and high potency like the strain from sensi.Gorge my pink monkey has a grow box made from milk crates it is 3 high. on the outside it has vinyl to stop light and air the inside is coated with Mylar. it has 4 26 watt 5600 kelvin cfls for veg and for flower gorge will use the same lumen of 2700 k and a 25 watt led booster for both. it has 2 computer fans for outlet and a penicillin cup carbon filter. a carbon filter for inlet hooked up to an air conditioning. it can maintain 75f. it has a deep water culture using tetra flora starter kit for nutes will this work and will there be any Oder. hope this is enough info for you to tell me thanks.

2. Yes they( the seeds) should show well. system should work to grow

as per odor.... all cannabis plants have an odor in flower .. NL just has some of the least stinky girls. so you mat not be over powered by it. not sure what a penicillin cup carbon filter (Agar cup ?)can do , so I can't really judge for your situation..

but any one who has toked.. will know(tice).

Good Luck

3. lol i spelled pencil cup wrong. it is a pencil cup made for pencils and pens it has a prefilter made from gauze wrapped around the outside then an inner lining of carbon filter pads made for an air filter the rest is activated carbon.

4. ah well misspelling or not, I still have no idea how effective it will be .

Not dissing ya, just lack of ever using a DIY'd filter. hopefully some else here can help on that..

hint + bump

5. #5 northlat, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    activated carbon available at pet shops . if going homebuilt use lots and make sure the air to be filtered all goes through the filter.(no leaks) they also sell very fine mesh bags to hold it.

6. I built carbon socks for years before I could afford to go buy one. The NL will smell, just not as badly as some others out there.
    I would build some more carbon socks, and use boxes as baffles if you have to.

Think this thru for your own set-up, vent thru more than one line of carbon filtering in your small system, and you get rid of the smell. Think of ways of treating the air you are pulling out of the grow box, more than just the once.

You can vent your carbon filtered air into a contained box, and revent thru yet another carbon sock from there, the smell will be very much controlled. I vented thru carbon, into a computer box for years, and then out the opposite side, thru yet another carbon sock because I lacked the exit ability. It ran back into the houses normal air pattern, and since I filtered it twice, and eventually three times, as I added more plants that that situation, and it was well controlled. My cabon socks were good, just as yours probably will be, but you might be needing more of them...or bigger.

7. the greater the surface area of carbon the better (crush the carbon or buy dust) coffee filter paper will contain dusted carbon. cardboard for your outer walls. with dust make many caches and enclose them together in a larger housing