NL AUTO First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Akuumetsu, Jun 12, 2017.

1. So i planted three Auto NL seed exactly 11 days ago. I didn't notice any big problems but i had to transplant them (i know, it can be bad for autos to be transplanted) in an intermediate pot while i'm planning to buy three 4 gallon pot so probably i shocked them and i interrupted their grow for a couple of days. I'm growing them outside and i'm not using any nutes yet. However i expected a faster grow and moreover one of them (the second in the photo gallery) is a lot smaller than the others and it have a purple stem. I would like to know what can i do for the tiny one and if i have to expect a small yield from this grow, just not have false hopes regard them. (i know, probabily it is only anxiety, however this is the reason why i'm growing NL, anxiety!)

Attached Files:

2. Get some perlite in your soil mix next time and I'd top the pots up , start nutes 2 - 3 weeks just water atm only water when dry ,still plenty of time to improve your yeild

Check out my Outdoor grow

Outdoor grow

3. #3 Akuumetsu, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Thank you for the super fast reply, i will do everything you said. Moreover should i stop moving them indoor during the Night? Outside the temp is 64-68 F maybe too low? Or should i let them stay outside so they will enjoy moonlight or more co2? if i am right

4. I have only grown autos one time and I transplanted twice like I always do - I know people say don't transplant but I never noticed a slow down in growth - if done properly the plants won't even notice. When you transplant to the 4 gallon container it would be best to add a lot of perlite like one of the above posters mentioned. If you want fast growth the roots need a lot of oxygen and that soil you have them in now is not providing that. I don't know why beginners use autos for their first grow - autos require a seasoned grower that can grow from start to finish with no problems. Because of the short life of an auto - any problem in the growth cycle will greatly effect yield. If you develop a deficiency or other problem with a photo - you have time to fix the problem because you control the life of the plant.

5. Because everyone said that i don't have to pay a lot for a challenging system of lights, training, nutes etc, that autos are more resistant to many problems and is everything less difficult but i'm a totally noob so i do not know what is the Truth or not

6. When you plant or transplant/repot a plant, the very first thing it does is set up or reset it's root system. A recent repot of a plant means that even though it might seem to you like it's not doing anything, it's working it's tail off below soil level setting up it's new root system. Be patient. Leave them alone. Let them do their thing. They will NOTHING from you until you can lift the container they're growing in and feel NO weight. If they weigh anything at all, the weight is water still contained in the soil. To keep these plants healthy, you must give them defined wet/dry cycles...which means leaving them alone and letting them dry out well between watering. No feeding for a few weeks. If the soil you're using is of any quality at all, it will easily feed them for the first few weeks. Now that you have put them into these containers, jerking them back out right now and repotting them again into something else is going to make them take even more time and could likely shock them or stress them into flowering. That's the thing with the autos....they don't handle stress well and stressing them too much makes them do weird things. I suggest you toss the auto seeds and get some normal photo strains, especially if you want to get real harvests from your plants. The MJ plant is a super fast cycler naturally so genetically forcing one to go EVEN faster, just means the plant doesn't have the time to produce the way it could or should. I don't grow autos myself. Never have and have no plan to. Not real sure what they're such the "in thing" these days, but I certainly don't claim to know it all when it comes to growing.

The purple stem thing means nothing other than it's old growth. If your plant actually has issues, it will show up on new growth. Never look to old growth to make a determination on the health of your plant. TWW

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. With that advice you are basically telling him to ignore nitrogen, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous deficiencies. They are all mobile elements and deficiencies are first seen in older leaves not new ones. And newbies wonder why it's so confusing. To quote you from another thread: "you have no idea what you're talking about".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autos are fine if you don't have any issues and if you're satisfied with what the plant produces on it's own. I never heard they were resistant to problems - in fact there are plenty of thread starters on this forum that have problems with autos. As far as lights - you still need them to be good lights regardless of the plant - and you will still need nutes. I don't know what you mean by paying a lot for a challenging system of lights - you still need lights and autos don't require less lighting than photos.

9. I am talking about grow lights and vent system ecc. I do not have money for them. I am only using the light of sun and wind. Moreover i don't think that throwing away their Life and the time that i spent on them is a god advice.
    So please if you have something against autos just for personal ideas you can even leave me to my problems alone. I'm trying to do my best as a newbie with auto and for a lot of more reasons photo or Simply feminized seed are out of my mind

10. It's like you are suggesting me to kill my cat because she does not have any pure pedegree to replace her with a pure one because "It is more worthwhile"

11. Growing outdoors is fine for any plant - not just autos. I think you're confused - I didn't suggest that you throw them away - that was TWW - and I agree that it wasn't good advice. I was simply pointing out that autos require a perfect, no problem grow for them to provide a good yield.

12. I know it was not you to suggest that, i wrote the reply not so we'll. I'm overbusy and too tired Sorry. Well... i understand. So i will buy a better soil and nutes that i can afford and see what happens. Thank you all anyway

• Like Like x 1
  13. I run autos outside uk, ur night time temp is my daytime, all you need is a pot ,decent soil , perlite , and food. My auto are about 9 weeks ,some strains have coped a lot better with stress others . Just stick with them dude. the more problems you solve this grow the better you will be for next grow

Check out my Outdoor grow

Outdoor grow

14. So i transplanted them in a better soil i could afford. However yesterday i noticed that leaves are curling up at the edges. They look healthy, probably heat stress? Or lower/over watering? Who knows? no nutes on them, just water.

Attached Files:

15. Dude you gotta mix some perilite in there. At least 20%. It's necessary and really cheap

16. Also your soil looks soaked. You probably overwatered and since there's not perilite your gonna get root rot. I'm no pro but this is what happened to me and what I've seen happen to others

17. i am almost finished my first grow of an auto. i have some advice i'd like to share with you that i've learned so far. first off, like comments above me said, perlite is a must. what it does is help drainage, and helps the roots get their much needed oxygen. this was my first mistake and the lack of oxygen and drainage has stunted my crystal, and made her lose her fan leaves way too early. her size was supposed to be 25-51 inches, she turned out to be 12. [​IMG] since you already have them in your soil, don't even think about taking them out. the best thing to do is to get a pencil, or a stake and poke holes 3/4 down into the soil, making sure not to get too close to her stem and her root cluster, this will help you with drainage and help some air get to the roots. when you water use less water then normally recommended and try to pour it into the holes, if they close, re poke them. i only water my plant on the edges on her pot, that and the holes is what i believe saved her from dying. make sure it is COMPLETELY dry before watering, if this takes a week, then it takes a week. it is much easier to recover from underwatering than over. let that soil dry out please! and with nutes, just like others have recommended on this post, i was told to start them 1/4 strength at 2-3 weeks. NO. DONT. i had a soil with barely any NPK (nutes). and i burnt the shit out of her, took her weeks to recover. do not feed until the plant tells you it's hungry. you'll probably be fine giving literally nothing the whole grow. hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. The soils choking it to death at a crutial stage. Save money and do it right or dont do it at all. Poor plant.