NK:The time for pacifism has long passed

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kush70, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. #21 Vicious, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Modern Japan and South Korea aren't close to being allegorical to Saudi Arabia.

2. They are almost the opposite of Saudi Arabia. They're both resource poor nations with large secondary industries and advanced tech sectors and close ties to the West. Whereas Saudi Arabia is a primitive place economically and is only a nominal US ally (basically they hate their neighbors more than they hate Americans).

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is a Kimmy inside all of us..

You cannot kill him. He is a part of you.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

4. Thankfully. Doesn't seem to make any difference to the US war machine who it supplies weapons to, the Syrian and Iraqi people have suffered greatly at the hands of the ISIS/Saudi/US alliance.

We should be very thankful that SK and Japan are not barbaric savages because it wouldn't stop Uncle Sam from supplying them.

5. Are you willing to say that concentration camps should continue to operate because, "We just need to stop sticking our nose into other people's business."?

to me, it's not just about the glorious leader. there is an entire population being subjugated and we are standing by watching and thinking that if it isn't ME in a camp then maybe i should just mind my own business.

NK will be an example to the rest of the world that NO you cannot put people into camps for generations and starve out the rest. My grandfather fought in the Korean War. I would love to liberate those people.

this forum is pretty fitting lol i cant even join the military because i have possession charges.

6. "Liberating" the North Koreans would likely result in about 20 million deaths.
    Not the wisest of potential actions.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The toll in lives, resources and time would be a number far, far greater then most people can fathom. I hear what you'e saying about liberation of those people being held hostage by the regime of what one could descrbe as "the north Korean version of a mullet" but liberating those people means we need to keep at least some of them alive.

Its' best to lie in wait and let this guy bring about his own downfall. It will happen sooner versus later. It' my understanding that NK just lit off a hydrogen bomb. It' sofisticated in the way you chain explosions to create a much larger kaboom. There is far more going on here then meets the eye.

Once the international community backs a full blown take down then things will work out better for all parties concerned. We as a nation have for the most part done our duty and then some. We as a nation have over stretched the reach of our authority at the expense of doing whats right at times.

The question of can we must be at all times be tempered with the question of should we. It' what keeps us as a nation honest and playing fairly. Those two qualities are a large part of what the United States is about.

To go into a situation with guns ablaze at 3000 freedoms per minute Is ignorant and shows inexperience in this sort of thing. That sort of thinking is what got us into that whole Korean war fiasco in the first place. So many unnecessary deaths. There is a time and a place for that sort of thing, this just isn' it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I didn' mean MAG was ignorant, I meant our nation would be if we made the decision to attack NK. LOL!

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. #30 Praetorian, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    There is no way to wage war on North Korea right now. They would have to commit a major attack on US soil in order for 'Merica to engage in something so potentially devastating.

North Korea is both nuclear and the step child of China. There is no currently feasible way to wage war against them without major repercussions. Repercussions that could potentially affect the entire planet, should China decide to get involved. Even if they don't, NK can cause significant damage to SK and the surrounding nations.
    Imagine two nukes hitting Tokyo and Seoul. The devastation and loss of life would be tremendous.

I'd hate to be the administration that has to deal with this. While I disagreed with the war in Iraq, it seems child's play in comparison to a war with North Korea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nuk
    MOAB x3 and give the ashes back to South Korea. we dont need to declare war because legally we are still at war. time to dust Tin Pot Poo (or whatever his name is) and move on

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. lol people take North Korea as a serious threat

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. They are incapable of destroying the United States, that much is true. As far as being a serious threat, they absolutely can be.

While the US is too large and too far away for them to do nation-crippling damage to it, they could easily inflict great damage on other countries around them. As mentioned earlier, both Tokyo and Seoul could easily get bombed from Pyongyang

Obviously, this would more than likely spell complete destruction for NK as well, but NK's ruling family is rogue enough to actually spark off something like that.

13. The US tried and failed to exterminate the people of North Korea before.

Foreign tourists in North Korea are invariably steered to the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum in Pyongyang, which documents the isolated nation’s crucible years: the 1950-53 war that split the Korean Peninsula in two.

Rural schoolchildren dressed in military uniform and wearing the bright red neckties of the Youth Revolutionary League listen wide-eyed as guides explain atrocities by the “US aggressors” committed during the war.

Many of these atrocities refer to what Blaine Harden, author and former Washington Post reporter, recently called a “long, leisurely and merciless” US bombing campaign: well over half a million tons of bombs dropped, napalm and chemical weapons deployed, cities levelled.

“Although the ferocity of the bombing was recognised as racist and unjustified elsewhere in the world,” says Harden, for many Americans it was just another conflict in a distant and poorly understood country, he concludes. Not for nothing is it called the forgotten war.

The result was perhaps three million dead and, the museum recalls, the first US armistice in history signed without a victory. In three years of fighting a single major city changed hands: Kaesong, which is now the last vestige of a once hopeful détente with the South.

Air Force general Curtis LeMay, head of the strategic air command during the Korean War, estimated that the American campaign killed 20 per cent of the population. “We went over there and fought the war and eventually burned down every town in North Korea,” he said.

Unknown to most Americans, the US ‘totally destroyed’ North Korea once before

14. Nk should launch a rocket at dc and the USA one at nk. That would remove two great evils from the face of earth within an hour.