NJ Voters to officially decide on Cannabis Legalization in November 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by lessthanjeezy, Dec 17, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. Fingers crossed for the people in NJ. Freedom.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The fact that growing is not even being considered AFAIK disgusts me but still going from that anti weed fatass Christie to being able to vote to legalize next year is not something I would've ever really imagined. I strongly suspect 2020 is going to be the biggest year for weed the US has ever seen, easily.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. I don’t like this war on growers either. If it’s all fully legal I’d think that for various reasons, a lot of people wouldn’t “grow the dispensaries out of business”, as it seems they are scared of.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah the fact that they won't consider growing, even for medical patients at the very least definitely blows

• Like Like x 2
  5. They would basically not even lose money. Just a tiny bit, because growers will still buy from dispensaries for variety of strains, edibles, concentrates, vapes, etc. But that little bit of tax revenue they lose is more important to them than you going to prison on felony charges for 3-5 years for growing just one plant. 3 years is a mandatory minimum btw. However "criminal sexual contact" with a minor gets you "up to" 18 months (so most likely less). And people have the fucking balls to suggest laws = morality.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. @Toke_til_you_choke, it amazes me that more people don’t realize what you alluded to in the above comment. I seen a guy catch 6 years for growing, granted it was a lot of weed, but the same court gave a dude PROBATION for sex conduct with a minor. What the f**k.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Really? From what I understand, you can only get a medical card with your death certificate. The people of NJ want it. Their corrupt government will not allow it. Lots of broken campaign promises. Just like NY state where I live. Good luck NJ. I pray you get legalization and the right to home grow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Getting a med card is a lot easier now than what it was. Previously you had to basically be dying to get one. Now it’s more open for more medical reasons like anxiety and migraines. Hope we get legalization by next election. Leaving it up to the voters. Most of them favor it. Home grown on the other hand will never be legal.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm in NY and we are close to recreational as well. But, I doubt we will ever get to grow our own either. To many greedy politicians to allow that..

• Like Like x 2
  10. NJ is tough. We have a good 50/50 split between progressive citizens who would love to see it legalized and old people who still think reefer is for potheads. Not to mention we import a lot of alcohol into NJ ports and I would expect alcohol lobbies to be fighting hard against legalization. It's endlessly frustrating here-- the medical program is asinine, and really expensive to buy into (never seen a medicine that requires a special card and special fees to maintain!)

I don't have a lot of confidence in a voter driven legislation. They need to just do it because it's the right thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Well if it doesn't happen at the ballot in November the legislature won't be revisiting for years, NJ is over 60% for legalization, so if you are for legalization, do your part to get out and vote and if you have friends or family members voting, make sure they know why they should vote Yes as well. I am confident it will pass in November, and if not, time to move. And yeah, the NJ medical program is pricey, but I have felt a lot more comfortable having a card the last two years. In the middle of renewing my card now

• Like Like x 3
  12. @Sypha I think this would have made your day! Vaya con Dios ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  13. #14 TimJ, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Sorry you guys, I'm next door in NY state. We have such a bunch of pompous asses running things. Guess where our governor is getting help for our pending recreational legalization.. You got it, he's asking law makers in NJ.

• Like Like x 3