NJ: Trying to Combine Medical Expansions/Legalization Bills

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by lessthanjeezy, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Legal weed in N.J. could be doomed for now by risky move in Trenton

Not feeling great about this...There is overwhelming support for expanding the medical cannabis program in NJ, but there is still a lot of "what ifs" surrounding legalization in the legislature. Tying the two together could be a great move as it could sway more Yes votes in order to get the medical expansion through, but it could backfire as well leaving us with no medical expansion and no legalization before the June summer break.

I think it would be best if they kept these separate as the medical expansion was very likely to happen and hopefully bring more variety and competition in the state. but we will see what happens. I want to see legalization in NJ ASAP, but I would also like to see medical expanded so patients can stop paying $100-$130 for a 1/4 oz of cannabis.

2. I just knew NJ would screw this up. This feels like a deliberate slowdown to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah we will see what happens. I read something else that if this doesn't get through they are going to try to immediately reintroduce the medical bill but we will see. Hoping for the best

4. Yea, I am not happy about this, sounds like a stall tactic to slow down legalization.

5. when comes to law on pot NJ has some of the worst ,i heard ppl getting jail time for a seed god forbid they find a roach best of luck out there.

6. Yeah it is still pretty strict in nj, if you get caught with any amount most cops are going to arrest you rather than write a citation and let you go. I don't have to worry as much anymore as a med patient, but NJ will get better in the next few years without Christie here.

7. I personally don't see it passing, honestly not sure how I feel having the two in the same bill either. They should just let NJ voters decide. Which is probably what will end up happening if nothing gets passed this year.

8. Why do you think it’s a good idea to let this go to a general vote?

9. My dispensary here in NJ just recently offers 70% cartridges..... contains 350mg THC...... charging $70

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I see you go to Curaleaf as well lol. I got one of the lavender ones, they work pretty well and taste is decent, just hope the price comes down. $70 for a half gram cartridge is out of control

• Agree Agree x 1