NJ Governor Chris Christie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KingTut, Feb 16, 2011.

1. #1 KingTut, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    Watching Fox he seems to be the hot name, even hotter then Palin surprisingly:eek:. Tied for 3rd in CPAC straw poll voting, has only been a Governor for a year but he seems like a star on the rise. Made 'famous' for this video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw0aBkt8CPA]YouTube - Chris Christie tells teacher she doesn't have to teach[/ame]

Don't know who he is really is or his political values, but was just seeing how you guys thought of him. I don't think he'll run 2012, maybe not even 2016 but Faux News seems to be hyping him, at least way more so then they've ever hyped Ron Paul(but then you could say that about anybody)

EDIT: Christie has stated that he won't run in 2012, because he doesn't believe he is ready and won't run "just because the political climate is right. That's what creates bad politicians."

2. I liked his answers. It's hard to argue with logic and common sense, especially the part about not having the ability to print money. :)

When has fox news ever hyped Ron Paul? They seem to be the ones saying he CAN'T win anything, not even one primary according to O'Reilly (their #1 guy). LOL

Hell Carl Cameron in the 2008 presidential primary debate for the GOP asked him about electability, "do you have any?" I think Ron Paul owned the question, as usual.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhR_I_fT6w]YouTube - Ron Paul on electability-Fox News SC Debate (hidden message)[/ame]

3. I like the guy.

4. That shit was stupid are you kidding me. Teachers day care little shithead johnny all day trying to give him some kind of knowledge that he doesnt give two fucks about, while he continues to make her job hard, refuse to cooperate, and whines all day about how hard high school is. I firmly believe teachers should be payed a lot more.
    The only way paying teachers little money makes sense is if you want to see if they are willing to suffer and sacrifice a good life (They work hard to be educated) to essentially day care. If you believe in that knowledge then politicians should earn WAY LESS. Don't like it, dont be a politician.

"Well then don't be a teacher." PFFTTTT If someone talked to me like that he would catch a soda to the face quick. I just got out of the public school system and I know firsthand how much shit teachers go through. With that kind of attitude we wont have ANYONE willing to teach these youths soon enough.

I don't like this guy. He obviously thinks education is a joke, and therefor is an idiot.

5. ron paul 2012

6. I agree but this really has nothing to do with Christie....

7. only part of your post that made any sense

the value of the health benefits that teachers enjoy is more than most people make. and they get paid based on time served not merits (like all unions). IMO whiny teachers can go fuck themselves. like the guy said, they knew what they were getting into when they decided to be a teacher. if it is a surprise on payday then they are obviously too stupid to teach anybody anything.

8. Teachers Unions and the US Department of Education.

Who's to blame for our shitty schools, poor education, and low teacher wages? Damn, I was hoping we could pin it on free-markets and capitalism. :(

9. They don't get paid when they are at home grading papers for hours or for the time they take to lesson plan. I had a good relationship with the department heads for math and english and they were NOT HAPPY. When did you graduate highschool?

Im saying teaching the current generation, who have little to no interest in education, is harder than you think. Its well worth the money to pay for good teachers. These kids are our futures.

You say you don't like whiny teachers but you don't sound like you know what they go through at all. "They should have known better"... then who is going to teach the kids?:confused:

10. #11 Optical, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    I don't really see how he's derailing, you made a thread about Christie with a video and he's commenting on Christies views on education expressed in that video.

I'm not from the US but the future of any country depends entirely on the good education of its children. Any politician with views like that is no good.

Edit- ^IMO. Maybe teachers get payed more in the US than they do where I'm from :)

11. I made a thread about Christie, and posted the vid that made him "famous". This isn't a thread about teachers at all, its a thread about Christie. But if you'd like you can make your own thread about teachers, I'll even post the Christie vid there if you want.

:):wave:

12. In your OP you asked for our thoughts on him, you got them.

Nah, you're good man. It just seems silly to start a thread to get peoples views on this guy and then stifle discussion when the topic of his policies inevitably comes up.

13. I asked for thoughts on him not a debate on the usefulness of the Educational system.

But I can already see this escalating into an Educational System debate, not one on Christie. Its already going off topic and its my fault...sigh if you answer this I'm not gonna answer back just to let you know.

14. I'm just saying don't ask for peoples thoughts on a guy on a public forum and then tell them to make go their own thread when you're given them. I already said my small piece on the education front. Sigh... you said you weren't gonna answer this so I'm not gonna answer back, just to let you know.

15. Sorry but FUCK that guy, he tried to Derail NJ's MMJ.

16. He's tough on teachers because the state is broke and the education system in New Jersey is ludicrously over-funded. Some school administrators make 6 figure salaries, particularly in the Abbot districts.

17. Yea. The state is being driven into the ground by our education system. We have the absolute highest property taxes in the entire United States, and it rises by 3%+ every year. There was actually a big controversy in Newark a year or two ago, because the Newark Public School system was one of the worst in the country, and they had like 400 higher-level administrators working in all the schools, when they only needed a handful, and they were all making $100,000+ per year. What Christie is doing is necessary, the school system is becoming a burden, especially considering it's delivering less than flattering results. NJ residents are paying astronomical amounts educate students on a per student basis, and have little to show for it. Oh, and our State is on the verge of defaulting.

FORGET ALL THAT, SAVE THE TEACHERS! :rolleyes:

18. He has an equator around his waist and a peanut sized brain. He should be a circus clown not a governor

19. For some reason I picture him being apart of the Mafia.