Nixon's top aide says war on drugs specifically targeted blacks and the anti-war movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Mar 24, 2016.

1. We all knew it. All our suspicions are now confirmed. CNN Reports:

Washington (CNN)One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.".......

Report: Nixon aide says war on drugs targeted blacks, hippies - CNNPolitics.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. No surprise here

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would go even a little further and speculate that drugs like LSD and Heroin were injected into those same communities by the Nixon government. MK Ultra ring a bell?

We have to resist the petrol dollar and the military industrial complex. That's what these fucks are fighting for.

• Like Like x 4
  4. That was in 1968???? 5 years after civil rights? Why is this such a big deal?
    Blackavist still trying to stir shit up that happen 50 years ago. So sad. And y'all wonder why there is still racism in our society

5. Keep in mind that it was also targeted at the anti-war protesters too. It wasn't just a racial issue, but a way to disparage/control their opponents. Tricky Dick what a prick.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  6. That's exactly what he posted lol.

7. Yes we know, and it won't change either.

Enjoy your own life as best as you can and leave these cretin politicians alone.

8. MK Ultra wasnt about drugs...

9. Most of the files were destroyed concerning MK Ultra right after the Watergate scandal broke. I'm simply speculating on the scope of the program since it involved a lot of shady shit. But regardless, drugs were a huge part of the mission.

10. I don't think that the MK Ultra program was active during the Nixon administration. The hard drugs were from organized crime, sometimes with the help of CIA operatives. They could have stopped the narcotics, I believe, but greed and corruption prevented it. Psychedelic drugs in the youth movement were separate and not useful for the military industrial complex.

11. Who's to say it ever stopped? I'm sure Gitmo detainees can relate to the video above.

First you fill the communities up with drugs, then you make it illegal to possess those drugs and declare a "War on Drugs". Way to go Richard!

CIA was playing with LSD way before any college professor declared to "Tune in, turn off, and drop out" or whatever that dude said. In fact, I think that professor got his LSD through the CIA's MK Ultra program. Question I have is, how did the general public learn how to make it?

12. No, if you're talking about Leary, the stuff was legal in the early 1960's, they used it at Harvard for experiments with students. There was a lot of other legit experimenting going on previously (Ken Kesey for example was paid by the government to take it), and it was legally available in America (by Rx), sourced from the Swiss pharmaceutical company Sandoz. In fact, many people in Hollywood, and elsewhere, had Rx's, from their psychiatrists. After being outlawed, bootleg batches became available, because it was/is not very hard to manufacture, by experienced chemists.

13. Leary got his LSD from the CIA initially. The government was the middleman so to speak, buying LSD from Sandoz, then distributing it for study and experiments state side. The CIA was paranoid that the USSR would get a hold of the drug, so the CIA moved to buy Sandoz's entire supply.

14. First you make shitloads of money filling the communities with drugs, then you make it illegal and charge them to fight the drug problem they created. Meanwhile they are eviscerating the community by locking up the people, which the community also pays for, and the bloating of law enforcement.

It is a mechanism to literally sap the money out of a community. Catherine Austin Fitts is a good resource for this sort of information.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #17 zmessengerz, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Richard Shit head trick dick Nixon. Possibly a Manchurian candidate put in place for to work only in favor of corrupt businesses no matter how shady they were. I read he crumpled up the Shaffer report and threw it in the trash. But he is not a "crook" lmao Fuck Nixon.

MK Ultra lol

16. #18 garrison68, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Well it's possible that the CIA might have bought the supply up, but a lot more bootleg stuff came out after it was made illegal - and a lot of it wasn't bad at all.

17. guys, guys, GUYS...this incredible groundbreaking news flash just came in...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Its a fact that the cia brought in cocaine from the contras and pretty much directly influenced the crack epidemic, no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2