Nitrogen

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DjViP2002, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Are there any household products with Nitrogen that I can grab in my house until I can go out and buy some for my plant? It needs it bad...and when I do go out to buy some Nitrogen, what do I get?

2. I don't know if there is anything around the house you can use for a N fert. If the only fert that you want to add is N, then just get some blood meal. I bought a bag of this stuff, put the required amount into a spray bottle w/Ph adj water and let it sit for a few days. The nutrients in the blood meal will get into the water, then I just foliar spray for feeding. I noticed a big jump in growth once I tried this. One thing to remember too, is that the water you spray on the plants is going to STINK, so once you spray just get out for a bit, unless you like the smell.

3. how much blood meal per quart of water should you use

4. some deoderants have nitrogen in, but im not sure what effects the other chemicals will do to the precious plant!!

5. Yea i dont think your going to be able to use any household products, too many other chemicals that will harm your plant. If you are that dedicated to growing your going to have to go out and buy ferts. N is just one part ofa fert, you have to conside N-P-K and then get a fert, 10-10-10 or so is good for a month old plant.

6. Urine...

Sounds pretty waky... But ill back it up with a link..

But when my little girl was turning pale/neon greenish. i peed about an inch into the water bottle, and diluted the rest with water, watered it, and 1 weeks later shes fine looking, if not better..

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=537514 :wave:

7. urine is basically urea. and if u look at ur lawn fert, its urea, tho from a diff source than pee.

bleach has huge N in it, but it also has some other nasty stuff.

if ur plant really needs N, and i would question that diagnosis anyhow, i would pee into a glass w/ water like THC says...

seems pretty vile tho...

8. ^^ its actully not bad at all. As long as its a clean shot into the glass and u dont let it sit around...

only do this once a week, then use clean water. I doubt u will have to do it more than once per plant tho, becuase the ones i did it on are looking great now after using it once