Nitrogen Toxicity? Early nute burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hawaiian Polar Bear, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Growing with coco and perlite. GH Flora trio and Calmag in RO water, little bit of PH up/down. Watering twice daily, to about 10% run off right after lights on, and second watering is much lighter. I just bumped up my nutrients the day before yesterday, noticed a slight discoloring on the lower leaves, so I immediately switched to a PH treated plain RO water. But am I correct in diagnosing this as Nitrogen toxicity/ nute burn? And am I taking the proper steps to help it recover?

2. #2 old shol4evr, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ahh when water splashes on leaves it can result in yellow spotting? What about the kinda clawed curled tips?

4. #4 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

5. It’s coco though? Thought you couldn’t over water?

6. #6 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Usually clawing is a sign of over fertilization.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

9. #9 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

10. #10 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

11. I cut quite a bit of the bottom of the solo cups with scissors so their should be plenty of drainage and it sits on a tray and doesn’t sit in drain water. I always check my ph but not my ppm. I’m gonna continue to give it PH plain water with micro dose of nutrients for the next few days and continue to to monitor, also gonna cut back on the amount of watering and see if it perks back up.

12. Get em out of the clear cups.

13. I know think I should go ahead and transplant them to their 5 gallon smart pots?

14. I didn’t realize it until it was too late that I had use clear cups. You can see in one of the photos I made black sleeves for the cups to keep out as much light as can

15. Id give them some more time to produce some roots in the cups and to stabilize before moving them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. #16 old shol4evr, Mar 23, 2020
    delete

17. UPDATE: Cut back watering to once a day and also cut back on nutes for two days. Plants have perked back up and new growth is looking fantastic. Thanks for the assist guys!

Attached Files:

18. Glad your back on track mate. As someone pointed out there 200ppm is plenty for now.
    Feed at ph5.7 -6.0 for veg.
    Once a day is plenty untill they're a fair bit bigger.
    Make sure you get run off every time you feed.
    Oh and don't flush it with just water. Fucks up the balance of the pot. If you need to rinse it out then use 200ppm nutes. :)

• Agree Agree x 1