Nitrogen Tox? Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SnowViper, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Hey guys having an issue with my plant dont know what it is exactly. Look like nitrogen tox because of the "claw" but there is also yellowing and rusting of lower leaves. Ruderalis strain 2 months old flowering for couple weeks. Flushed and PH'd and added nutes then watered 2 more times when needed as thats how it sais to use this fert. It is in 2 gal pail which is not completely full could it be running out of root room?

Attached Files:

2. Have you tested the PH of your soil?

3. ya its at like 6.5 or slightly higher water comes out the same prettymuch

4. i'd guess they were a bit hungry for nitrogen myself. what are you feeding and what strength?

5. Technaflora BC hydro nutes. chart sais 1700ppm

6. is that soil? 1700 ppms of nutes is waaaay too much for soil. try feeding like 700 ppm every 2 weeks, and plain water each week inbetween.

i don't know much about diagnosing these issues, but i think nitrogen tox would have much darker green leaves.. but i'm not 100% sure on that.

7. nitrogen toxicity is really dark dark green leaves your plants are probly a little hungry or the ph is outta wack, try testing the ph run off, im having a slightly the same issue im gonna give a nute watering tommarow or the next day to fix my issues.

8. I should have been more clear.I just measure the 4 diff ferts as to what the chart sais and the chart sais its about 1700ppm at that mix. Should I cut nutes in half? Should I use that every water? Or what is this every week? I Water almost every day - day n half. im starting to get confused about this. The lowest PPM the chart sais is 1575 for flowering

9. Also I am adjusting the PH again as I think i actually put it too high, i have trouble matching the colours of the chemical test as they look different in different light. And I already have trouble telling blues and greens apart sometimes lol.

10. id invest the money into a digital pH meter. its a pretty important tool for growing.

and despite what the chart says. 1700ppm really is to much. not all MJ can takes in the same amounts of nutes as it is. the most id even consider doing to a MJ plant is about 1200ppm, and thats for the strains that can take it. at a guess, until you know your strain better would be 700-900ppm. so yeah id really consider lowering how much nutes you feed.

feed them every 2 waterings. so water,water,feed,water,water,feed etc etc

11. in soil, feeding is usually done once a week. that ppm does sound high. nute companies are notorious for listing very high feed rates. they want you to hurry up and use it so you can buy more.

12. Well I just received my seeds from VSB. So now I am going to have to buy a few more things including PH meter.

I am still confused on how to feed. Some are saying once a week some are saying water water feed and some other people I have talked to say 1/4 nutes every time you water.

13. Dear Confused,

With a little help, you'll learn what ya need to do. First thing
    would be buying a book and following the directions. Then, if it dosen't
    work, read it again, then ask for help.

I'm new too and have read and read, but the damage has been
    done; I could be on here all day asking questions, but I've found, If I have
    a reference book handy, the info is in there somewhere. If I cannot find
    an answer myself, I come here and look for similar problems. Only then do
    I ask for help. Hmmmm, maybe this is part of the problem.

Try to have pic!! Much easier for those with exerience to help we
    the confused, stoned, and stupid!!!

Hope your grow goes well, mine did ok. Next one should be a killer!!!.

14. personally i'd give nutes every 10 days to 2 weeks and just water on those odd weeks. (this also depends on how good your soil is).
    Depending on how many plants you have and how much light will dictate the proper PPM amount of the nute solution.
    in other words if you have 10 plants under a CFL they will consume way less nutes than a single plant under a 1000w HPS. I roll with about 6 medium plants under a 1000w light and i try not to exceed 800ppm which turns out to be about 1/4 str of what the manufacture recommends.
    if i made no sense i'm sorry i just woke up :)

15. Listen to August, what he said makes sense.

And to me, the pics clearly say nitro-tox and overwatering.
    So that probably means standard overnuting and overwatering.
    This also means that the soil's pH is crap by now or will be soon and flushing it will only pH shock the plant and add to your overwatering problems.
    I vote for a transplant, complete root ball and all into a bigger container.
    Bigger containers are much easier to deal with.

Then don't feed until the leaves tell you it's hungry, and don't water until the leaves tell you it's thirsty.
    Good luck!