Nitrogen deficiency help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HelloHydro, May 12, 2016.

1. Hello GC wondering what can I use to fix nitrogen deficiency I have Flora Series 3 part and Cali magic Silica Blast epson salt from the dollar store H2O2.

Attached Files:

2. Hi . Are ya defo about it been a nitrogen dificiency love? I cant see no purple starks to u leafs and there is patched of a bluey dark green. This is normally phosphourus related?

IF was nitrogen def then raise food or add nitrogen yrself . Or spray nitro solution at end of lights out.... BUT NOT SURE I WOOD DO THAT AS NOT CONVINCED ITS YA PROBLEM LOVE .
    do ya ph? Ya may need to liwer it a tad if so . So that elements that need a liwer ph can be absorded by ya plant..

Also. (I THINK ITS PHOROURUS THAT WATER TEMP IMPORTANT) so dont give feed at cold water temp as phosphorus? Needs a certain temp to come active etc. I give water at grow room temp ..

Hope this helps but defo get a second oppion or third oppionion lol b4 ya treat it a nitro def as will make thing worst if not.
    Try flushing too. Let me no ya ph as that maybe the cause live xx

3. Ps ignor water temps as hydro lol . Sorry jyst seen xxx

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would say Kym is right, does not look to be N issues... I'm leaning towards Cal/Mag despite the fact you're using it.. not phosphorous and doesn't really look like potassium at this point.

What is the ratio you're feeding? I use the same line of nutes as you and with my old home I used to have to use cal/mag almost every watering never use it any more but its the water. PH and PPM readings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here is the chart i use for gh nutes. Don't remember were i picked it up from, but it has been super easy to follow for my hydro setup. 20160511_202557.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 HelloHydro, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    The stems don't have any purple if very little. I did a flush with reverse osmosis water temperatures around 68 to 70 the max I've seen the water get to 73 degrees 74 on hot days. I also added a small booster intake fan connected to a makeshift 15 gallon tote altered with 4 inch duct hole on the side 10 by 20 filter square on the lid. I keep a gallon of Frozen water inside the tub so the air coming in is pretty cold. I will be upgrading to a under current system with an external Reservoir I can keep up gallon of cold ice in during the day when I'm at work. I really think I burnt them my nutes are 500 450 after i mixed. I think I have Cal Mag in nutrients in the same feeding wish has a high ppm when I should have just only water with Cal Mag and fed with nutrients. These are practice Bag seeds so their experimental if I can resuscitate them I feel like I'm on my way. If not I will start over with another practice run before I start with the good strans. And no I'm not definite about the problem this is my first grow started off very well plants was a very healthy until I added the Flora series.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My pH is in between 5.6 the max I've ever seen it get is 6.2

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi hellohydro... that seems brill ph. Seems like nutes. Like u said fine till flora etc. Im not hydro myself but do coco( some class as hydro as soiless) ... ya sensiable doing nag as a trail love. I know plants all different in a way as some can take more nutes than others etc but defo looks like nute prob. Like i say love, im not hydro but there is an hydro section on ere wi some really experienced growers so maybe worth checking wi them about yr system etc incase its something that a coco grower like me lol cant work out wats happening.
    I think u are brave going straight to a hydro grow.. i ant got that for yet lol. Done soil fir 6 plus yrs now on coco.. may do a gydro system one day but working my way up slow but sure lol. Check hydro section love regarding flora nutes etc. Sorry not much help but dont want to advise ya about something i no nothing about if nutes in hydro and flora etc.
    Good luck sweetheart x

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 HelloHydro, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    I'm using 7.5 milliliters each part with 4 gallons of water i ph at around 5.7 to 6.0. I think I've identified the problem the plants were doing fine when I was only using Cal Mag then I added the nutrients with the Cal Mag when I should have cut the cal mag during feeding and only use Cal Mag in between topping the reservoir. As for water temps The system I have now is just plane dwc bucket with air stone. So today I spent 330 bucks on equipment. Mag Drive pump 1 inch tubing reverse osmosis filtration system because I was starting to look suspicious buying distilled water every week anyway LOL. So buy some time tonight I will be doing rdwc my reservoir will be located outside of my 4x4 tent. Every morning before I go to work I will drop a frozen one gallon or 2 liter jug inside depending on what the temperatures may hit that day until I purchase a water chiller those things are expensive SMH.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you and I really appreciate all your help. Yeah I decided I'm going Hydro because it looks the easiest after someone gets everything dialed in & it fits my lifestyle. I figured Soul would cost more than reverse osmosis filter in the long run. I'm also looking for fast growth is another reason why. My goal is to be completely automated go in every couple days top with water. Flush and renew my nutes once a week and keep it pushin LOL.
    And they're doing a little better the one that was burnt the most is growing very slow now but it's growing I'm going to let it live and see how far it goes. The other one is loving the nutes it's growing very well. It's crazy because I'm the opposite of most people I feel like the feeding schedule is way more complicated than the setup and atmosphere Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you that's really going to come in handy

• Like Like x 1
  12. So you're growing LED?

13. The one on the left is doing very well it's drooping because I just gave it a res change. The one on the right is trying to recover & a little bit of growth after the bad nute burn. I removed the bigger leaves because they were shot. New rdwc setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Really liking that intake filter that has got to be the cheapest most efficient way to do it very freaking smart!!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Yeah, i am doing a dwc with inexpensive led fixtures. Two 300w dual fan homdox leds. They are like 97$ each with free shipping. So far, so good in my grow. But i am only doing one plant for now. 20160512_160507.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thank you a frozen one gallon bottles last inside that thing all day I'm very satisfied with it and it keeps my temps low.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm definitely updating to LED eventually I want LED for my veg HPS for my flower.