Nitrogen deficiency? Help a noob please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by neeksantos, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Afghan kush x yumbolt
    Plant almost 3 weeks old. Started to yellow a couple days ago. Growing in roots organic soil, growing under 300w full spectrum cfl. Only been watering with distilled water. Research is leaning me towards either starting nutes or transplanting to regular soil.

Attached Files:

2. It's lookin rootbound, transplant to a bigger container. I go from a solo cup to a 5 gal bucket so I don't have to transplant more than once.

3. theres no way thats root bound, ive had much much larger plants in dixie cups. to me it looks like over watering, how often do you water? do you let it dry out almost completely? what is the ph of the run off/soil? i wouldnt think its a ph problem since distilled water is neutral and its good soil with no nutes added. it could also be a nutrient deficiency since the roots are probably starting to fill out the cup a bit and sucked all the nutrients out of the small amount of soil already. if its not from over watering id suggest to start feeding light doses of nutes OR transplant to a much larger pot of fresh soil but not both. it will also grow faster in larger pots but it will still grow in the cup if you feed it.

4. Very possible I overwatered. Thought I was giving enough time for soil to dry. Last 3 times I watered(every other day, foliar feed everyday), only a couple drops of runoff. The roots recently became visible at the bottom of the cup. I'm also at a steady 80 degrees.

5. Thanks for the replies

6. you should water once, until you get about 25% run off, then let it dry out so that most is dry but middle is still damp a little. you can get a feel of when to water by comparing the weight of the cup/soil dry vs wet...water lots but less frequent and no foliar feeding... the roots are there for a reason. :) when you foliar feed it gives the plant a fast "meal" imo which reduces the need for the roots to grow.