Nirvana Northern Lights Long Overdue Smoke Report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by TeddyB, Aug 28, 2013.

1. So I figured while I am down to the nitty gritty last of my bud from my last indoor run, might as well throw up these 3 smoke reports on the strains from Nirvana that I grew so they may help someone looking for a nice strain. Here is my report for Northern Lights.

Strain: Northern Lights (feminized) by Nirvana

Growth: Soil: some local stuff I always use plus 20% perlite

Light: 6<span>00W MH</span> veg, 600W HPS for bloom

Nutes: Organics such as fish emulsion and such, I personally try not to use much nutes so the taste is cleaner and less harsh

Yield:
    3/4 an ounce (off of 1 runt mutant plant which was only a quarter of the size of the others)

Bag Appeal: 8/10
    -Beautiful darker buds with bright orange hairs

Smell: 8/10
    <span>- Plant didn't smell much while growing, but after a nice long 3 month cure the buds were stanky!

Taste: 8/10
    - Tasted really nice, like high end buds do. I really can't put my finger on anything similar, it was unique as far as my grow because I had Blue Mystic and Papaya nuggets too that smelled very fruity after a long cure but the Northern Lights didn't have that fruit taste or smell, just tasted like dank nugs.

The High: 9/10
    -This is where the 3 strains that I grew really differ...the high. Northern Lights got me pretty high for a real long time, where as the Blue Mystic got me extremely high as soon as I smoked it but it didn't last that long. The Papaya got me moderately high for long periods of time as well. Northern Lights is a classic and this is why.

Comments:
    -I had so many plants to start with and only 600W of light to work with in my current situation, so I only sprouted 1 feminized Northern Lights bean in the beginning. That one seed turned out to be a mutant runt, which I've never grown from Nirvana. I have experience with the strain just haven't got a weakling plant like this from them ever. The plant was my smallest by far, but the bud was some of the nicest. Now I have 2 outdoors which are about 4 ft tall and just starting to bud so I can't wait to see what they hook me up with. Also I made a bunch of hash from the trim (qwiso) and it was top notch, got me spaced out within 2 hits.</span>

Also wanted to add that out of the first 5-pack of feminized seeds I ended up with this mutant runt and 1 real dark greasy looking dud that never sprouted so just because you buy a 5 pack don't expect 5 plants although your luck may be better than mine. Just wanted to mention that.

Attached Files:

2. Looks delicious, surely a next time grow :} 

3. Nice! I'm running some pappya and pure power plant cutting the PPP tomorrow