Nirvana Northern Light (First Grow)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ZeroStr8, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Setup:
    Strains: Northern Lights
    Grow Space: 2x3x6 (Pine-Wood Sealed Box)(White Paint, etc.)
    Lights: One 430 watt Sun-Agro bulb (height adjusted by chains)
    Soil: Garden bought Potting Soil / Scott's Perlite
    Nutrients: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big & Tiger Bloom
    Air Movement and Plant Stimulation: Two Mini Fans
    Air Intake & Out-throw and Odor Control: 6-inch Inline Fan 440 CFM

Just finished building my Grow space, applied first coat of white water based paint. Gonna start Growing in like a couple of weeks due to delay in supplies.

Just wondering how many plants you think I can push in here. 2X3X6 (feet)

Attached Files:

2. #2 Grows&Smokes, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    Nice job so far, I have the same grow space and truthfully, I only grow 2 plants and they take up most of my space. I guess you may be able to get away with 4 plants but they would be very crowed in there. I have never tried a scrog, but if I was to grow 4 plants, I would definitely consider a scrog for maximum yield in that sized grow space. 2 plants doesnt seem like much, but if you know how to prune and LST you can get a ton of colas from them...if you are interested, I am currently growing 2 Northern Lights in that size space, click on the link in my sig to check it out....good luck!

3. 4 plants would be great! Just don't veg long, but I'm just doin one plant and like growsen said topping lst and scrog will help get a lot of individual colas.

This isn't a full shot, my ballast F's with my cam, but you get the idea
    [​IMG]

4. Wow, they look amazing! Such a beautiful sight!

5. Dude nice Journal, I'm reading it like a book, i had doubts about the temperature and the fan still, but seeing how you solved it. gave me an idea thanks.

I'm gonna look into that LST thing, see what's up...

Thanks bro.

6. Holy mother of Ganja! that's hot!...yeah I'm gonna look into LST right now see what's up.

thanks.

7. Just built this Carbon Filter...waiting on fan to test it out, and by next week I'll be getting my DIY Cool tube ready...

Still waiting on the seeds...:(

8. Don't have a camera, but had to make modifications in setup, want to grow 400 watts but could only get 250 watt ballast, then my brother bought the same ballast without my knowledge so we ended up with two...(no returns or exchanges), so now I have 500 watts. I have a 440 CFM inline fan hooked to the carbon filter and the bulbs, running through the cooltubes.

Questions:

1)What should be the size on my intake hole?
    2)The carbon filter be at the top and the intake on the bottom right?

9. The carbon filter should be at top to suck out heat and smell (plus cO2 is heavy), but you won't need it till flowering unless you have a dank strain. I'm in week 3 with no filter and no big smell yet. I would just suggest setting up the intake just don't attach the filter yet.

10. I really like the coco perilite mix one of my buddies on here showed me.. 50/50. worked great for him and was way cheaper then soil, and re-usable if you want.

You started germ?

11. Received my seeds from nirvana, NL Fem...Started Germination in paper towel and preparing my soil mix...

Going with:
    3 parts Potting soil
    1 Part Coco Coir
    1/2 Part sand
    1 Part Hummus

Tested the drainage and I get a 30% to 40% of water run off, and Ph stays stable around 6.4...

Any thoughts?

12. #12 ZeroStr8, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
    Started Yesterday I can see the tips, wonder when should I plant?...another day or so?

Attached Files:

13. I would say now but make sure only to go 1/4 inch down. I highly recommend rapidrooters for future seeds.

14. [quote name='"ReconReefer"']I would say now but make sure only to go 1/4 inch down. I highly recommend rapidrooters for future seeds.[/quote]

Well are in the pot...i can see a sprout but one of the seeds is falling behind the other... Does that mean something?

15. Pics? Make sure not to over nute in fact I don't use nutes for the first week or two and then when I do it's a super low amount. You don't have a potting soil like I used so you'll have to balance out your nutes accordingly by testing.. Make sure not to under or over water curling leaves are a sign of over watering, weightless dry soil is a sign of under watering along with droopy leaves.. Sounds like you have the ph down so I hope this helps. I don't know if I addressed your problem but it's just impossible to diagnose w/o pics.

16. Dude I have grown this strain before with great results and am actually growing their AK 48..The one thing I have learned with my experience with Nirvana is pick the best pheno and clone the shit out of it..:smoke:

17. actually this is what it mean, they've just sprouted, but one is lagging behind by a day or so..those that mean a bad seed or slow growing plant?

Attached Files:

18. Yeah i'm Thinking about the same thing :)

19. Yeah dude check my current grow out which is nirvana's AK48, and I have an old grow journal somewhere around here which has my NL grow..:smoke:

20. You'll be good it's just a slow starter... only be concerned when there i discoloration, curling, drooping, or not growing at all once in veg.