Nirvana Auto Blue Mystic closet grow with t5

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sboland, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Hi there,

Started my first grow a few days ago. Here's what I've got.

Strain: Nirvana Auto Blue Mystic (6 seeds)
    Ventilation: 2-Cooler Master 80mm Dual Ball Bearing Fans (one at the top, one at the bottom)
    Lighting: 4 bulbs inside this T5 lighting system. 2 warm, 2 cool bulbs
    Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Water: ...tap water?

I have 6 seeds. I germinated all 6 of them 3 days ago.
    They are sitting under the light, in a pyramid pattern.

Okay, so I have TWO PROBLEMS/QUESTIONS...

1) I am worried that I dont have enough room under my light to grow all 6 plants!
    The light is only 2 feet long, it has 4 bulbs. 
    What should I do? I want to grow all 6 plants. I don't really want to buy another lighting fixture. How should I handle this?

2) Is there anything else I am forgetting? I really want to have a successful first grow :D

Thank you all

2. #2 Vee, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    You are correct, the 2ft T5 is the germing lamp, largely replaced by cfl's these days, theres just not enough lumens in these 2 footers, get the 4 ft 6-8 tube T5 at 54w per tube
    http://www.amazon.com/Lamps-Fluorescent-Light-3000K-6500K/dp/B00AR5JV76/ref=sr_1_4?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1379543319&sr=1-4&keywords=4%27+4+Lamps+T5+HO+Fluorescent+Grow+Light+3000K+6500K

....is ideal tho you can spit another $75.00 and get another 2ft t5 rack, but Id go the T5 above,use your current lite as supplementary 
    ...its all in the lumens 
    or this 
    http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Dimmable-Detachable-Reflector/dp/B00547I5I8/ref=pd_sbs_lg_6
    does veg and bid...?

3. Okay so if I was to invest in one light. Anything 100$ and under. What would you recommend? I'll just return the 2ft lights I have and get something else.

Would you recommend an HPS or a T5 or maybe something else?

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'd go the HPS as it does Mh too, veg and bud under the same lamp at the flick of a switch