Nirvana Aurora Indica or Blue Mystic??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by colorado, Jan 23, 2009.

1. I can't decide between these two strains.

A.I. Pros: Incredibly potent, short so good for stealth
    A.I. Cons: Supposedly not a huge yielder

B.M. Pros: Short, supposedly higher yielding
    B.M. Cons: Not as potent

Being that I am relatively new to smoking, I am thinking that the B.M. would be strong enough for me, and the higher yield might make it the better pick.

If anyone has experience with these strains please chime in.

2. #2 abnormldood, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    Personally, the stuff I have heard about Nirvana isn't very good. Just about every experience from them says bad germ rates all over it. If you want a great beginner commercial strain, you can try Chronic by Serious Seeds. It is hardy, takes high nutes very well, and it has an ENORMOUS yield. It's also known to bush out on it's own, so don't top it. A buddy of mine sells this as his mids just because it yields so much, good smoke also.:smoking: I would give a thumbs up to anything by Barneys Farm, Buddhas, Chimera, Dr. Atomic, Greenhouse, High Quality seeds, Homegrown Fantaseeds, Joey Seeds, Legend seeds, Magus Genetics, Mr. Nice, Paradise, Reeferman, Sensi Seeds, Serious Seeds, Soma Seeds, Wally Duck, and White Label. I'm sure there's more great seed banks, just mostly bad rep with Nirvana.

3. well blue mystic should taste better pretty close to the same %THC mystic has a little blueberry I think so some phenos could go mutant, or be slightly sensitive to nutes I'd pick BM.

4. i have a friend that grows almost nothing but AI and it is a very potent indica...

5. I just sprouted some Auroras not long ago. High germ rate but every one of these plants looks genetically deficient. I have started seeds countless times before and never had this problem. Each refuses to get over an inch and a half tall (they are nearly two weeks old) and are very pale.

I wondered if anyone else had had problems with seeds from Nirvana or with Auroras specifically and found this. I may never get seeds from them again.

6. havn't had a prob im growing swiss cheese and they are doing great.

7. ive grown blue mystic and ordered from nirvana for about two years now and i can honestly say that blue mystic is a great strain and yess it really turns shades of light crystally blue during flowering....and also nirvana has given me a very high germ rate and great yeilds, ppl should grow it themselves before talkin bad about a site that they personally kno nothing about.

8. I HAVE A CONSISTENTLY NINETY PERCENT GERMINATION RATE AND A BIG FAT ZERO WITH NIRVANA SEEDS.

People should not assume that negative comments are coming from someone that does not have anything to base it on.

You are going to get an attitude from anyone that you assume is just making crap up. That is completely disrespectful and indicates you discount anything that does not jive with your view on things.

If you did not have the same experience then great but do you hear the ones that have not had positive experiences with Nirvana seeds calling you a liar?

9. MANY people have had the exact same issue I had with the Auroras - getting an inch tall and just no more growth.

Check it out.

10. I've had germination problems wig nirvana.
    I'd go somewhere else.

11. lol first off, i was replying to abnormlblood, Not You Coyote. Nobody got negative, he said he heard they werent that good. obviously stating the he hadnt tried them himself. I, on the other hand, have tried the blue mystic and had nothing but great results. I never once got disrespectful and u have no idea how i value other peoples opinion so that statement couldnt be more wrong, but regardless any established grower knows u should never plan your grow simply around hear-say.

12. My bad, man. I am not having a great morning but mama ganja has helped me with that!

13. that sucks i've had great success so has alot of people i know. like any place your gonna hit on some duds once in a while not a big deal when they always make up for it.

14. I agree, I have done a LOT of thier strains and never had an issue with any thing.

15. I just had 6 out of 6 pop from Nirvana (aurora indica strain).

[​IMG]

Granted one of them is struggling...

[​IMG]

16. I opened a "ticket" with them and they basically told me to screw. I'll never do business with those cheats again.
    Here's a post from another site pertaining nirvana:

17. It's so hard to go wrong with outfits like Greenhouse Seeds, Soma Seeds, or G13 Labs (recommend the Super Skunk). There are a lot of places to get great seeds.

18. Nirvana sells more seeds than almost anyone out there and get a lot of complaints but consider that the companys that have half the amount of complaints may just sell half the amount of seeds.
    There are several MILESTONE strains from Nirvana, like the best PPP in the world as well as one of the best super skunks out there. I aint a huge Nirvana fan but realisticly if all things are considered...It is hard to beat Nirvana for a guy like the thread started.

to the OP....

dude I have seriously popped at least 80 different strains this year alone, I have created a few of my own that are grown around the world, I go through 500 beans a year easily....
    both the strains you are asking about are good one and easy to grow and harvest, flip a coin if ya have too and buy em you'll do fine.

19. They DO NOT sell as many seeds as SEVERAL well known seed companies that have far less complaints. Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on that. It makes me wonder about your supposed personal massive success with Nirvana seeds as well.

I think by and large you get what you pay for. They are dirt cheap for a reason and any volume in sales they incur can be attributed to that. There are seed companies that charge more for their seeds and sell more seeds, for a reason.

Apparently, even Serious Seeds and Sensi Seeds have cast a negative shadow across Nirvana.

Maybe someone can tell me why I and many other growers have sprouted Aurora seeds only to find them no longer growing after about an inch of height. Here is what I did:

I took five feminized Auroras and put them in a damp towel, covered them with cellophane and waited for them to crack, which they did promptly. When they started to pop, I put them into rock wool and kept them wet but not saturated. Soon they were climbing above the holes and spreading their leaves.

They looked great. About a week later, spending their daytime hours under 600W of MH at a distance of about eighteen inches (16 sq ft grow space), they had ceases to gain any vertical growth or spread out with new nodes or do anything but get paler and paler and this is with someone that HAS sprouted several hundred seeds in my day with an average of ninety percent success. All they did was get paler and paler and lo and behold, I went online and found others saying the exact same thing.

But that's not all I found. I also found that countless people online had shared very negative stories about their experiences with Nirvana's seeds and that there was a smattering of others that chided EVERYONE else for saying such things.

Sir if you sprout hundreds of seeds per year and have great success with Nirvana's products than kudos. However all this illustrates is that one has to be an expert at cannabis cultivation to get consistent success with their seeds.

That speaks for itself. The healthiest seeds do not require expertise to sprout.

20. Besides, it is really a no-brainer. All we have to do is accept that not all people get the same results. If someone goes along getting a ninety percent success rate with their seeds (by that I mean the plant reaching maturity) and a decidedly different and lower rate with one company's products, that is an indicator.

I can accept that some have no problems with their seeds and we all should accept that many others do (or there is a vast anti-Nirvana conspiracy that I am unwittingly part of, down to unconsiously not giving the seeds I paid for the same kind of attention I give others). That leaves us, again, with the fact that the most vital and healthy seeds do not require an experienced grower to get over an inch tall.