Nirvana Ak-48

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by hobbyfarmer, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Anyone else think this weed tastes like shit?

I've grown it indoors and out. Side by side w/ other strains that taste excellent. Not the soil or the cure. There is just this odd odor to the weed that is even stronger in the smoke. Other people have made comments to me about it as well. Is it the genetic line?
    Must be, duh, anyone have a thought?

2. aww i hope not i was thinking about ordering some because i everytime i see someone thats growing it on here the plants look pretty good and consistant.

3. Plants look and produce great, that's why i tried them twice. Tastes shitty to me. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had the same expieriance.

4. u feeding it organic nutes? some nutes make the bud end up tasting like the nute itself.. can be especially bad if u use fish emulsions or chicken doo.. i stopped using fox farm's after a really funky armpit smell and flavor came out in my mandala speed queen.

5. I think I know exactly what you are talking about. The smell was almost overpowering during trimming. I would describe it as a sour odor kind of like sweaty crotch rot mixed with rotten eggs. Now doesn't that sound nice? It was so unpleasant that at first I thought that maybe I had done something wrong with the nutes but the other two strains that I grew at the same time (White Castle and Northern Lights) had their own distinct smells so I just attributed it to the strain or possibly a certain pheno as I only had one female from the seeds I germinated. Clones from the same mother developed the same odor about halfway through flowering also. I have only used H&G coco nutes so I suppose it could be a reaction to the nutes but like I said the other two strains came out smelling completely different.

The odor was present in the taste after drying but it went away after about a month's cure. Now when i open the jar I just get a slightly sour smell and the smoke is actually pretty smooth and I definitely enjoy the buzz. When I researched the strain before deciding to go with it I did come across several comments saying it tasted like shit so it didn't come as a complete surprise. The plant was very vigorous and I got a great yield out of it so overall I was pleased with the strain, especially after the cure dulled most of the nasty odor. Hopefully you will see some improvement with a little time.

6. [quote name='OneSickBastard']I think I know exactly what you are talking about. The smell was almost overpowering during trimming. I would describe it as a sour odor kind of like sweaty crotch rot mixed with rotten eggs....

I also grew it side by side w/ Northern lights x Blueberry (very nice btw) & also California Orange Bud (also very nice & a good buy). Your right it's almost a sulphur smell & taste.The first time I grew it it soil using the ff ferts. Second in rich composty soil and no ferts. Buds are huge, lets say big, & look soo tasty... but no...shit. I've had this stuff sitting for over 6 months, dry and I think it has gotten WORSE. Buzz is o.k. I have'nt grown many purchased seeds, only the ones mentioned, I dont feel any are as stony as the weed grown around N.Cal. & the southern border of Oregon, in the 80's. Anyone know a strain similar to that? I'd really like to find out what that strain is.. By the way everything I've written here is bullshit.