Nirvana AK 48

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by PrplHz, Oct 6, 2009.

1. photo looks good from my perspective. How many plants are in there 5? 10?

2. How many plants is that again?

3. from the bean bag, i germed 10, got 9.

4. ?????

5. hey, Lo Budge...
    are you asking me the count??
    right now i would say 3 Fem, 4 herms & 2 true males.
    this answer will hopefully change if Dutch Master Reverse does what is say it does.. :rolleyes:

6. wow thats bad luck, 5 fem snow white and 5 fem ak48 100% female and no hermie parts so far, but you guys are scaring me. when do hermie part usually show? in early or late flowering?

7. For the most part Hermi plants will turn during the flowering stage. Now, as to whether or not they turn Hermi in the early or later stages of flowering depends upon the cause of the turning hermi. It is common that a sensimilla crop will start to produce hermis in an effort to survive and pollinate itself. In this case I would expect a change later in the flowering. If this happens, just snip the new male parts and do not let them pollinate themselves or others. Other causes of hermi plants is due to stress during flowering such as high temps or a problem with the photocycle.
    Low quality feminized seeds could carry a hermi trait and thus produce hermi plants. There is nothing you can do about this last condition, thats just what they are. Good luck!

8. crazy stuff

9. Hey Guys,

So a week after I identified the male, I started a new seed. The pics below are 19 days after sprouting, 12/12 from seed. Crossing my fingers for a female, and looking like one. What do you think? Too early to tell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. No sign of sex yet.

11. #51 mcinnc, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    Heres some pixels of how mine are going. :wave:
    Did i mention that Dutch Masters REVERSE kicks serious hermie ass??!
    i'll say again, if so.

Attached Files:

12. #53 db805, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    thought I would get involved in this thread since I have a couple AK48's on the go. One is in a hydro aeroflo system the other is in FFOF. It's been in for 10 days. THe hydro one has some issues but the soil one is going pretty well. Any suggestions on the soil would be appreciated. I'm planning on keeping her as a mother. Good thread guys thanks.

IMG_3964_2.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

Haze has been helping on the hydro issues. if you want o check it out, thanks.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/507085-lr-2-ak-48-maybe-nute-burn-deficiency.html

13. FoxFarm Big Bloom is a flowering nutrient. REVERSE isnt a nute...
    ok this is taken straight off Dutch Masters website. it talks about the stuff like it can turn true 100% males, into females.. unless somebody comes through to proof me wrong, i take that as 100% BS. so, everywhere you see the word "male", mentally replace it for the word "hermie"also, i don't wtf the GOLD SATURATOR stuff is all about, but at the time that i originally checked into REVERSE, their product PENETRATOR was mentioned to be used, and i still hold this to be true:

• Male Flowers Ruining Your Crop?
    • Not A Pretty Sight! Every Growers Worst Nightmare!
    • Simply Spray REVERSE With The Lights On – It's That Easy!
    • No Dilution Required. Ready To Spray – Just Add GOLD SATURATOR!
    You've heard the rumours……… Well it's true! Experience for yourself what “those in the know” have been talking about. REVERSE is a ready to use (no dilution required) foliar spray that quickly and efficiently helps to bring peace to a grower's worst nightmare…. awful seed problems! The unique formulation of specialty minerals & amino acids enables REVERSE to help reduce that headache! Modern Science allows REVERSE to achieve this remarkable feat by channeling selected minerals and amino acids into the Mesophyll layer of the plant. This layer is responsible for most of a plants energy production (Photosynthesis) and more importantly is the starting point of all the metabolic pathways. Simply put, the selected minerals and amino acids provide your plants with the vigour they need to channel the correct metabolites in the pathways responsible for flowering, helping to correct any imbalances. End result for you when you use REVERSE... LESS MALE HEADACHES!
    Make sure your lights are a minimum of 24 inches from the tops of your plants then spray your plants until the leaves are evenly coated with the spray solution and a small runoff occurs. MAKE SURE YOU AVOID SPRAYING THE GLOBES / BULBS. You only need to spray the top surface of the leaf because GOLD SATURATOR will deliver absolutely everything inside the leaf using the top surface only.

14. lookin good from my perspective. Might want to transplant to a bigger pot in a bit, but thats all i see. What is your setup (lights, light timing, etc.)

15. No shit.... Seems to good to be true although after getting a male with my last seed, might be willing to buy the hype... When i get my next batch of seeds, ill give this stuff a try...

16. haha! good shit, thats EXACTLY what i was saying to myself before buying/using the REVERSE. "HAS to be to good to be true!", myself said.. to uhh. myself.
    i started out with 9 undetermined sex plants. started noticing insane male-characteristic pre-flowering on SIX of the nine. This was immediately after they all had to go thru a weeks worth of temps, easily above 90f, the entire week (AC broke). i knew that atleast one of those Male-ish looking plants was a hermie that turned on me because of the temps/stress. ok, well i didnt know this was the case but i was sure as shit HOPING it was the case.
    so i went, got the REVERSE and PENETRATOR. used as directed on all 9 of my plants, just to be on the safe side. Within a few days of the 2nd application (maybe the very next day?), it turned out that i really only had 2 true males, and the rest were stress-related hermies.
    Long story short: the 2 males got ripped out, and the 4 "hermies" are now sexy ass ladies, packing on some mean nuggage. :cool:

17. Nice. For my next grow, I'll try it. Wish i had some now...

Here's a few updated pics of my ak. Day 21 on 12/12 from seed. No white pistils that I can tell...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. hey errrbal. how do you post your pictures in non-thumbnail format?

19. good question.....