Nintendo 2DS

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Headphones, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Seems dumb.

http://youtu.be/sAExBTWIp3M

2. Yes very dumb, but I think its a cheaper more durable version for kids. Plus the the 3d is bad for kids under a certain age, hence why its lacking.

3. Well duh that's why it's for kids under 5 years old. 

4. It was released with the intention of being for younger kids as others have stated....Short of that if you enjoy 3ds games and don't like the 3D aspect of it this is a cheaper option.... I know several people who own 3DS's and don't use the 3D because it bothers their eyes.

I think its a smart product for nintendo....Little confusing for the Moms and Dads going out buying it for their 5 year olds...."Wheres your 2DS games?" "It plays 3DS and DS games sir......" :confused:

5. It is the exact opposite of portable

6. Yes, it's fucking stupid. Nintendo needs to get their shit together. Your 3ds was a failure, but this is going to be different? Just stop with the nonsense. Wii U will probably fail because Nintendo just HAS to be the first one with a console on store shelves every fucking generation. When you're putting out systems with last-gen graphics and wonder why your console isn't selling. It's just getting ridiculous, this coming from someone who grew up on SNES.

7. Lol, I thought that was a spoof. 

"Like nothing you've ever seen before"...it plays the same games as the 3ds minus the 3d...lol...what the fuck Nintendo.

Nintendo are shit these days. 

8. Nintendo hasn't had their shit together since like 1997 bro lol 

9. These statements are just so ignorant.

Nintendo has more sales in console and handheld than the other companies.

10. Nintendo has also been making games far longer than its biggest competition

But Nintendo is so great
    Having Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda makes up for any shitty thing they decide to ever do

11. I mean as far as current gen sales go, meaning Wii/WiiU, Xbox360, PS3, and all iterations of DS and PSP.

12. No my statement wasn't ignorant yours is ignorant. Sales don't mean shit to "gamers" then again you don't seem to be much of a gamer at all if you're riding Nintendos dick. Maybe that's why they keep coming out with shit products because people like you will keep lining up to pay high prices for sub par consoles. Nintendo Wii sold so much because parents got it for their children, most of them under age 8, because not all adults get games as gifts but its common for kids to get them from parents. The Nintendo DS was fucking stupid and it got sales for the same reason. The gamecube...Just nevermind. Fuckin gamecube..
    What I'm trying to say is that every Christmas, ever birthday, ever holiday some parent in White America is going to run out and grab their kids a game console. What is the only console that is geared towards children? Nintendo...Nintendo and leap frog. ALL Nintendo's since like '97. Since I'm not a child any longer I have better games with actual story lines that I would like to play instead of "scooby doo" and "super mario cart". 

I'll try to put it another way. Britany Spears, 200 million dollars in her bank. My Grandpa has probably 35k tops in his bank. To even insinuate that Brittany Spears has her shit together better than my Grandpa is "ignorant". Lindsey Lohan net worth $500k....The local fireman that just saved little Suzy from a burning building, probably like $50k and isn't flashing his pussy OR blowing through ounces of coke and driving drunk...To say that Money and/or sales is what decides if you have your shit together is an "ignorant" comment. Nintendo sucks dick dude get over it. No one can seriously say a Nintendo is worth shit, you're just in an argumentative mood OR you're under the age of 11 which means you shouldn't be on these forums.

13. #13 Deleted member 95373, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Derp.

Poor correlation because the things you reference and the end result by which they are judged by don't make sense. In any case if the things you reference were to make sense and money was what we measured by, Brittney Spears would obviously be more successful than your grandpa.

The gamecube had tons and tons and tons of classics and no third party support. I thought their controller design was probably one of the best of all time and all people did was talk about sales numbers. Nintendo went out and got those sales. They're the most profitable video game company of the three, they've been out the longest, AND they still have the best 1st party content of any of the three.

Money and sales mean that the market indicates they enjoy your product. Which means as a company and a game developer, you're doing things properly. Just because it doesn't appeal to some wannabe hardcore gamer doesn't mean they aren't quality products.

Strong argument bro.

Just want to point out that the only negative thing you have to say about Nintendo products is they are "childish." You probably also "HATE!" school and don't see the point in it and are between the ages of 12-18 and just can't wait for the next CoD to come out. You don't really have anything bad to say about the games/systems except that you personally don't like them and as far as I'm concerned that's a pretty weak argument for why a company no longer knows what it's doing. Especially when it's still crushing sales. Especially while Microsoft has just utterly embarrassed themselves as a gaming company and Sony just puts out another copy of the same machine with updated specs.

14. Lol the part where you said "derp" was the whole point. They have sales because parents buy Nintendo products for their children. Which is why I don't play them, because most gamers don't play mario cart. Nintendo's entire fan base consists of you and children. Adults typically already own a game system or have better or more important things to buy. Parents on the other hand will go out and buy children game systems as the new generations come out, they buy the ones suited to their childrens age, which is nintendo products.

The gamecube had classics. They were exactly that too. Classics. Metroid that we've all played and beat, mario which has been beat to death and frankly has a respected place in gaming but its getting old. They were classics in the sense that they were too old school. Nintendo does the same thing over and over. It's boring.

I haven't been in school for years, your age estimate is way off. I hated SOME of my classes in school but liked it for the most part. I am definitely looking forward to CoD: Ghosts because its like a home team that sucks. They're turning in to Nintendo (sorry had to say it) they keep beating the same shit to death over and over. Like if they would just get some better maps and make it more realistic so it's not a bunch of dumb asses bum rushing it would be cool..But Call of Duty is not all I play. For an example recently I've been playing Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Forza, and yes I play Black Ops on occasions.

As for Microsoft embarrassing itself touche. At least Nintendo is staying true to its gaming roots I can say that much for them. I'm very disappointed in Microsoft. You like Nintendo and that's cool but I just don't think it's worth money or time. The last time I owned a nintendo was the wii and the majority of games were stupid cartoon looking games much like mario even though they weren't all mario. Then the DS (Urbz: sims in the city was fun, fine you win that one). The gamecube was stupid. The game boy advance was dumb. The game boy color and original game boys were pretty much my sidekick through adolescence. Then the N64 which was there last great console and for the time it was released it kicked the other consoles ass.

15. You realize Metroid Prime won game of the year and was one of the best 2d crossover games ever made right? You still haven't made any argument against them, just that you don't like them. Then you act as if the whole world agrees with you lol. I do love the part about Nintendo doing the same thing over and over, go find me some innovation with the PS4 and new Xbox and talk to me about doing the same thing over and over. I almost feel like you're trolling this argument is so half assed.

All these things are just your opinion though, my point is that they have the best sales and that tons of people(of all ages) enjoy their products so to say they suck or call them a failure is just asinine. Regardless of how you personally feel about them you have to understand that you would be in the minority here(even among gamers).

16. I dont think this may have been worth the effort of producing....but meh...

I dont think its such a bad idea....I like the idea of a cheaper option minus the 3d

I dont like the 3-d feature of the 3ds.....

too many bells and whistles for this old skool gamer....

17. I suppose it depends on how you define gamers lol and my arguments seem half assed because I honestly just don't give a fuck. My ego is large and I'm a stubborn asshole and I'm saying that Nintendo sucks. I've owned Nintendo's and besides the game boy and N64 they've been shit. You can go look up the PS4 and Xbox one yourself I've done it already if you don't see any innovations whatsoever than you're obviously as stubborn as I am and this "argument" will go on for days lol.

18. i fear Mighty Nintendo may go the way of Sega, and even earlier, Atari. just develop games. Nintendo cant compete with the likes of Microsoft and Sony with consoles anymore. i still keep my GBA SP with a charge and a pokemon game inside!

19. ........ I guess you missed the whole argument I just had where I pointed out repeatedly that they are the most profitable gaming company of the three and have outsold them both in both home and portable gaming systems.

20. It may be stupid. But it's still going to out sell the vita. Not that that is much of an accomplishment..