Nightmare Alley : the Real Film of the Year

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Feb 21, 2022.

1. An ambitious carny with a talent for manipulating people with a few well-chosen words
    hooks up with a female psychiatrist who is even more dangerous than he is.

Guillermo del Toro scores again with yet another twisty tale, you know its good as 2
    Hollywood greats appear within 2-3 minutes of the opening, our hero don't talk for another five?

Stan burns down his home and takes a job as a carny with a traveling carnival. Stan is disturbed at how any man could sink to the level of performing as a geek. Clem explains that he seeks out alcoholic or drug-addicted men with troubled pasts, and lures them in with promises of a "temporary" job and opium-laced alcohol. He then uses their dependence until they sink into madness and depravity, thus creating a new geek. Stan also works with clairvoyant act "Madame Zeena" and her alcoholic husband, Pete. He and Zeena warn Stan not to ever use these skills otherwise people get hurt. Meanwhile Stan becomes attracted to fellow performer Molly and approaches her with an idea for a two-person act away from the carnival
    Stoner Value - Highest (always something going on, color, plot, subplot, etc)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ohhh I Will Wanna See Tis One. Thank You @vostok For Lettin Us Know About It :D

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1

3. I was taken by the black snake man a minor side act but was impressive,
    yeah I was ripped on my Kerala sativa ..lol see it Toni

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nice maybe I'll check it out tonight. Just saw it's on Hulu

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I Going Too See It. It Look Like A Good Movie FrFr!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Runtime 2 hours 30 minutes IMO take a snack and extra for the vape ...lol

• Winner Winner x 1