Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Night Time Smoking Causes Problems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Uriah, Sep 20, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for a year and have for the last few months believed weed was the cause of my anxiety/depression and have only just realized it's more likely the sleep deprivation weed seems to give me that is the cause.

I wake up earlier and can not go back to sleep the morning after smoking weed. I usually feel groggy and tired. After a few days of smoking before sleep I become slower during the day - unable to think of the correct words to use, I spend my time at work zoned out and at home I have anxiety over seemingly nothing/everything.

If I smoke every night for more than a week I eventually grow sick of it and unable to keep up so I just stop... until my sleep pattern is fixed which causes me to come back to weed. I thought these breaks were caused by THC; that I had to let my body remove the THC or some shit but now believe it's the way weed causes a weird sleep deprivation in me (and seemingly me alone?) if smoke before sleep. As all my problems are symptoms of lack of sleep - I can't believe it's taken me months to realize this.

I may just stick to smoking occasionally and not before sleep to see if that fixes the problems - if not, I guess I'll just stop.

TL;DR
    Weed is used to help with insomnia so why does it negatively effect my sleep - any insight would be useful.

2. I usually take a week or two off when I get like that. That's about the best advice I can give.

3. Its because what the weed is doin is releasing an abundance of the chemicals in ur brain that make you tired and go to sleep. When you are not high, there is less production of these chemicals .

4. Lol i smoke to goto bed easier what are you saying? You must have a stronng sativa

5. cannabis help be get a better sleep, but i dont get "super stoned" just take a small puff/bign hit , just a very little mellow feeling.  
    if I smoek a big hit right before sleep then yes, i feel doesnt help, it hurts...

6. Weed affects everybody differently. So happens to be a negative on your sleeping regime. :/

7. I notice that if I smoke too much before I sleep, I tend to focus more on the high then I do trying to sleep which in turn makes me groggy and slower in the mornings. Maybe the same thing is happening to you?

8. Switch strains. If you smoke a sativa strain then switch to indica and vice versa and smoke earlier in the day and don't go to bed high.

9. Sounds like you need to drink more water and exercise.