Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"night terrors" insomnia, and time perception acceleration

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iprobsloveyou, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm from Massachusetts which isn't an mmj state. I have insomnia at least once a week and I'll wake up screaming sometimes or I'll suddenly run out of my room because I think there's something there. It's silly I know, I just have occasional sleep problems and it's been happening for as long as I can remember. There are also times when I'll wake up and time seems strangely accelerated and it can be very frightening. I guess I'd label that as an anxiety attack :confused: anyway I was wondering if there are any states where I could get a medical marijuana prescription because none of the above happen if I smoked before going to bed. Thanks, and sorry if this type of question has been posted before.

2. I've been having the same problem my entire life.

Waking up middle of the night, running around a corner and crouching down.

Strange shit like that.

Another thing we share in common is the time acceleration.

And sometimes time seems super slow.

I'm generally always in some strange mood.

3. It's a "recommendation," not a "prescription." That being said, the main requirement in California at this point seems to be monetary rather than medical.

4. I don't mean to overstep my bounds here, but I know from experience that night terrors and the problems you described can result in people who were abused as children (my day job is running a support group). Anyway, in CA you could certainly get a recommendation for anxiety attacks, but you would need to live here. Hope you can smoke and sleep well tonight.

You can also get recommendations in washington, oregon, colorado...lots of states. I'm sure you can google a list.

5. sounds similar to what ive been having except i dont jump up and run away. i just jump up, then lay back down.

and time seems all fucked up. but i think thats also cause of the weed smoking constantly. I cant tell wtf time zone im in. nah ming?

but i smoke weed so for medical use for this uh..
    i think basically u will go from running out of your room, to just waking up a freaking out a bit.

6. You're wrong. I wasn't abused. NO I WASN'T ABUSED WAAAAH

no I'm kidding I don't think I was abused in any way (emotionally, sexually, physically) and I know my parents... they wouldn't do that :) You aren't out of line at all, it was a good thing to mention since you have experience and you were concerned. Thanks.

7. @hoboleader, all of the sleep problems I described have been happening for as long as I can remember so I don't think it's due to smoking ;) but weirdly I can remember how I "felt" every week that I was a chronic smoker. It's so odd and hard to describe... I remember certain weeks by the way things looked outside (weather and the seasons changing) or inside (when I rearranged the furniture in my room), or weeks when I listened to specific types of music. I don't smoke nearly as much now, and unfortunately that amazing sense of time is gone now :'(

8. LOL! Good, I'm glad that's not the case :)

9. based on info I've had relayed, soon, it will be back to ALL states require you to be a resident (plus have medical record of qualifying conditions).

If you can't wait, and fight for MMJ in your state, then by all means, move out to the west coast so you can live without suffering.:bongin::metal::smoking::D

10. ^I really want to haha I LOVE California. I went for the first time in June and I loved seeing all the headshops and unofficial dispensaries on Venice Beach :)

11. I've had night terrors my entire life man, Its a hard thing to live with.