Night temps for autos.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Clemente21, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Currently growing 3 autos in my cellar and nite temps are falling to 50degrees. Is it going to hurt them in the long run or can autos really withstand cold nights. Need some advice. Currently 45 days

image-1329963654.jpg
    Purple cheese

image-2048062839.jpg
    Auto assassin

image-844156518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

2. What's your temps with the lights on?

I think u heard any more than a 15 degree difference can hurt them. Mine go from 67-78 at the highest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ganja Power

3. Damn. It's at 76degrees lights on. Off 50-52. You think it'll hold up. So far so good. Running 18/6

Sent from my iPhone

4. I mean, they will most likely still finish out strong. Can you get a heating pad to turn on when its lights off?

5. That's an excellent idea. I thought of getting a small heater. No room in the tent. Are you talking about the one they place under the sheets?

Sent from my iPhone

6. Space heater on a timer works great. Like 15 min. on, 45 off.

7. I'm in the process of trying to rig a small heater to the intake. At this point ill try any thing. I'm new to growing. Thanks for the Advice ill keep updating the pics

Sent from my iPhone

8. Botanically speaking, 55 degrees is your limit. Keep them at 55 degrees at all costs. Yeilds will lower and thc production will lower below 55, Indica's stand it better but stavia strains hate the chilly air. it

The space heater is a great idea but do not have turn on and off is it jacks the temps all night. keep it very low and steady. I use a fan all night and you can use it to help pass the air around.

Another trick to help is lowering the ceiling or creating a blanketed type ceiling - even plastic works.

I grew in the mountains for years and the evenings, even in the summer get chilly so I tried many things.

Hope that helps.

9. Yeah your right. Had a problem with the heater. Got to stay at 63 on. It was dropping to 50 in a matter of min. I'm def going try the platic tonite. Ill try facing the heater on the outside of the tent. Well see whAt happens. Thx for the advice. Any other ideas they're all welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone