Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nicotine

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TreeTrunkBuddha, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Is nicotine a naturally occurring part of tobacco, or is it produced during the fucked up growing process used today?

2. its natural. wouldn't suprise me if they add more though.

3. Naturally occuring. It's also in tomatoes and eggplants for instance, but tobacco has the highest known concentration in a plant.
    Certain ways of curing the plant makes sure that it retains most of its nicotine.
    It IS possible to add chemically produced nicotine to tobacco, but usually that is not needed. E-liquids for electronic vaping devices use chemical nicotine mostly. (I use one)

PS: Don't buy into the whole ''light cigarettes'' hype. If you get the tobacco out of them and smoke em in a paper, its just as heavy as ''normal'' cigarettes for instance. The only difference is in the filter, not the tobacco. There's a really really large research paper on this subject.

4. [quote name='"Brutal1ty"']Naturally occuring. It's also in tomatoes and eggplants for instance, but tobacco has the highest known concentration in a plant.
    Certain ways of curing the plant makes sure that it retains most of its nicotine.
    It IS possible to add chemically produced nicotine to tobacco, but usually that is not needed. E-liquids for electronic vaping devices use chemical nicotine mostly. (I use one)

PS: Don't buy into the whole ''light cigarettes'' hype. If you get the tobacco out of them and smoke em in a paper, its just as heavy as ''normal'' cigarettes for instance. The only difference is in the filter, not the tobacco. There's a really really large research paper on this subject.[/quote]

Do you think you could get me a link or something to google ?
    Thnx

5. You wouldn't want many of these in your system so why all of them?
    List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're going to smoke tobacco, have that natural shit with no chemicals and additives.
    You should feel guilty for letting all that shit in your body as you happily puff, BAD!

Oh yeah and did you know that tobacco is dipped in ammonia?

Any more nasty things you want me to say? There's thousands.

6. I don't smoke tobacco.
    Hell I dont even smoke blunts, but people at my place of work smoke mad cigarettes and even cigars.
    So I was just wondering if some radioactive fertilizer was sprayed on the plants while being razed, like I've heard, that increases the production of nicotine....

I think cigarettes are gross. I know people that smoke multiple packs of Camels Unfiltered, and others who have been hooked up to breathing machines in order to deal with Emphysema.

Shit creeps me out man

7. #8 Gryphonics, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
    They do add radioactive things onto it like Cesium, Polonium-210 and Uranium, heavy metals like lead and mercury, then the chemicals and shit stay in your body long and don't break down until it's half-life.

8. This... Many tobacco plants are sprayed with radio active bug killers. Unfortunately that stuff transfers into the plants as well.

9. [quote name='"Brutal1ty"']Naturally occuring. It's also in tomatoes and eggplants for instance, but tobacco has the highest known concentration in a plant.

PS: Don't buy into the whole ''light cigarettes'' hype. If you get the tobacco out of them and smoke em in a paper, its just as heavy as ''normal'' cigarettes for instance. The only difference is in the filter, not the tobacco. There's a really really large research paper on this subject.[/quote]

So you could get addicted to tomatoes?

10. Your statement is misleading. There IS a higher nicotine content, but the effects on the body are just as bad.

11. Yes. Call up obama right now, make that shit illegal. Tomatoes are now going to be the gateway drug to tobacco.

12. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']You wouldn't want many of these in your system so why all of them?
    List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're going to smoke tobacco, have that natural shit with no chemicals and additives.
    You should feel guilty for letting all that shit in your body as you happily puff, BAD!

Oh yeah and did you know that tobacco is dipped in ammonia?

Any more nasty things you want me to say? There's thousands.[/quote]

I only smoke beedies :)

13. There was a week in my life when I only smoked scoots or skoots ( don't) know how they are spelled ).

Everybody in basically Ontario smokes scoots. A scoot is a waterbottle, with the lid taken off, then you burn little hole in the bottle by the bottom while there is water in there, then you put a class tube in the hole, then pack a bit of a cig in the tube, then put weed in the tub on top of the tobacco, then when you light the tip of the tube and inhale thru the top/opening you get a dirty head buzz from the weed and nicotine mixed together.

I was addicted to them for a week, then I stopped. Thank god, cause you don't even crave cigs, you just crave the scoots.

14. [quote name='"altcontrol"']There was a week in my life when I only smoked scoots or skoots ( don't) know how they are spelled ).

Everybody in basically Ontario smokes scoots. A scoot is a waterbottle, with the lid taken off, then you burn little hole in the bottle by the bottom while there is water in there, then you put a class tube in the hole, then pack a bit of a cig in the tube, then put weed in the tub on top of the tobacco, then when you light the tip of the tube and inhale thru the top/opening you get a dirty head buzz from the weed and nicotine mixed together.

I was addicted to them for a week, then I stopped. Thank god, cause you don't even crave cigs, you just crave the scoots.[/quote]

ahhaha

15. You definitely were not addicted for a week, my friend.

16. Not according to that research. They say the difference is because of the perforated paper and different filter. Same tobacco, but as long as you use the different filter and paper you inhale less of everything. That's why there is no tobacco with no tar yet full nicotine or the other way around. Makes sense. If I'm wrong so is that research =p

17. Maybe your right, I wasen't exactly "addicted" but it was like, if I didn't have like 3-5 scoots a day, I'd crave them hardcore.

It was pretty gross, i don't want to remind my self of those dark times :p

18. From what I have seen, and it's not the most in depth research, but light cigarettes contain 30-50% less nicotine (hence why they're marketed as light); HOWEVER, the amount of nicotine delivered to the brain is almost the same between lights and regulars.

19. [quote name='"altcontrol"']There was a week in my life when I only smoked scoots or skoots ( don't) know how they are spelled ).

I was addicted to them for a week, then I stopped. Thank god, cause you don't even crave cigs, you just crave the scoots.[/quote]

Your post confused me an I have no idea what a scoot is and I would like to know.