Nickelback hate

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Androgenicx, Oct 18, 2008.

1. I don't get it. Yeah theyre nothing original, nothing special, and their songs tend to have similar energy and riffs, but whats with the downright hate people seem to have?

Esp when they have a rather beautiful song like 'If Everyone Cared'. Beautiful song.

decent band, I enjoy 'Animals', 'This is how you remind me', and if everyone cared

2. They've got some good songs, people will hate on anything just to feel different.

3. I don't hate them, but I don't think they add anything to the artform at all.

4. I am definitely not a Nickelback fan. They annoy the hell out of me, but they do have a few songs that I like. However, I too, do not understand the level of hate people have for them.

Sure, they're pretty much useless and unoriginal, and MOST of their songs sound the same, but that's a lot of the bands out there today...

5. #5 Syntih, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    well, i wouldnt call it hate. im not a fan of most of their music but you need to respect that they can infact write some damn good hits.

just some of their songs are really catchy

im stuck on their new single
    "gotta be somebody"

that intro is killer

6. I can't really say I hate them, that's not very nice. But I will say they are one of the most un-talented bands of our generation.

7. I absolutely hate them. When I date a girl i first ask if they listen to Nickleback, if they say yes then I know it won't work out.

8. Nickelback - synonymous for "shitty" "overrated" "talentless" "shitty" and a plethora of other less than endearing terms. Their music sucks, their lyrics REALLY suck, and all of their shit has absolutely no content. To the people who are saying "omg they can totally write some hits" that's because they're manufuckingfactured mainstream. They've basically got a one-way ticket to good reviews because of their position in the industry. They're "new rock all-stars" and they suck dick, just like that whole genre. Plus, when the people who determine what's a hit and what isn't is some washed up redneck that's never touched a guitar in his life and drives around being a racist piece of shit all day, or some white trash bitch with no passion for music beyond trying to learn the lyrics for the latest Seether (yes, they suck dick too) song, it's easy as hell to make a hit. No content to their music, at all. People have been making shitty music like this for years, they're basically the Duran Duran of our generation. Tough I'd give Duran Duran buckets more respect than I'd give these pieces of shit.

Give it a rest, this band blows, stop paying 80 bucks to see them lip-synch in concert. Stop paying 30 bucks for their new album of re-hashed soft rock licks and pointless, annoying lyrics. I would kill these guys if I had the oppurtunity.

9. I think progressive rock/rap sucks in general

nickleback is a buzzkill when im stoned

10. ...you would dare to call Nickelback progressive rock?

Sorry man, but there's nothing progressive about these pieces of shit.

11. Yup, exactly

I'm gonna change the rock music of the crappy millenium years....one day...one...day.

Anyways, i like how you remind me, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Oh well, people can hate all they want - but they're the ones who are rich - they dont give a fuck.

12. Yeah, everyone always brings up the money argument when it comes to "hatin'", but the fact is, who gives a fuck how much money someone has? I'd rather listen to the homeless dude on my block who can play the fuck out of the harmonica all day then ever, ever, EVER give these selfish, pathetic bastards any amount of my money. Know why? Because harmonica Jim never gave up his passion for music to write shitty rock songs about being rock stars and stupid bullshit like that just to make money. He's happy cold and alone on the corner, because his inherint passion and love for music is something that's still intact. That's something that these wash-ups will come to regret one day when they're sitting in their mansion with their piles of money, and they pick up their guitar and realize they don't know shit about how to play anything other than what their producers showed them. Then they'll start crying because they've got all this money, but they sacrificed one of the most beautiful things in the world for it, and they'll never ever get that original fire back.

13. What about the fact that they get progressively worse?

I'll be honest.

I liked the song Hero.

14. hahaha well touche, I'd just say that calling them progressive rock is a little bit undeserving. Amazing, technical bands like Dream Theater, The Mars Volta, and other giants of the genre don't deserve to be compared to these talentless hacks.

15. You said it.

:hello:

16. Must be horrible to live with such hatred inside you at something that doesnt affect you in any way apart from the way you respond to it (the way you feel)

17. yeah it's awful.

18. i dont like them at all, but its not hate. to me, they just represent everything thats wrong with popular modern music, and thats that nobody wants to take risks, everything is made to grab a large fanbase, and not try and be creative and do someting different. on top of that they're just terrible at playing their instraments. theres a vid where chad asks a crowd "do we have any nickelback fans in portugual?" and the crowd just silently boos and nobody cheers, then he gets hit by a rock, its quite hilarious:laughing:. im just ashamed that there canadas most popular band... we have so much better music than this shite band

19. #19 Chemist216, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    yeah I don't like that type of rock at all, and Nickelback isn't for me at all either.

And to the guy typing 5 paragraph posts of why you hate them so much, way to come off like an elitist know-it-all prick. Seriously, how does it affect you? Just keep listening to your Dreamtheatre tapes and call it a day.

And why not make money doing something you love? How do you know they arent happy making that type of music? Snap out of it man.

Name-calling doesn't float. *RMJL

20. nothing wrong with making money doing something you love.

something wrong with sacrificing something you love to make money.

no one with a pure, unadulterated love for music could be happy making music that shitty or that industry-driven.