Nickel in your grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by davefol10, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I was wondering where you are suppose to put the nickel in the kief section or in the middle section.

2. the bud section

3. The middle section, on top of the screen

4. where all the bud gets ground to.

5. Why would you want a dirty ass nickel in your grinder?

6. because the mesh screen is COVERED in trichs, and when the grinder is in your pocket and you're moving, it brushes against the mesh screen and pushes the trichs into the kief collector.

or if you just ground it up and have weed in there, it shakes up the buds and has them fall more.

7. I like collecting kief, but I also want my buds to retain some of it, so no nickle for me. A little brush (kind that comes with electric razors) is good enough to loosen any trichs stuck to the screen.

8. havin a dirty ass nickel in your grinder wont only be..dirty. but its also gonna fuck your screen up

9. dude,its not like the nickel is in there for long. honestly all you do is put it in the mid section, shake it around a bit. take it out. boom you got like 1/3 more kief. take the nickel out, and your done....lol its not like any of the shit on the nickel is ganna stick to the grinder and get you sick or anything.

and a brush is no good because the grinder has to be open to use a brush, and its going to for lack of a better word, spray the kief around, assuming your using a stiff bristle brush i mean.

10. most people i know always leave it in..

11. really? weird, everyone around me just takes it out haha, we dont use it ever time we use the grinder. when ever we wanna harvest the saved up kief we pop a nickle in and boom.

Dude 521, i cant get enough of your salt slide....you should take some more pictures and show it off....i fuckin LOVE that thing

12. I've never heard of anyone leaving it in either. It works, and the kief makes a great topping if your trying to conserve bud :hello:

13. tried it, would rather not have a dirty ass nickel in my grinder. Would rather have some kief on my bud, I mean it's gonna be smoked anyways...and it's definately gonna be smoked WITH bud. Nickel, kinda defeats its own purpose.

14. I cleaned my nickel with ISO, so its not dirty, and I leave it in my grinder 100% of the time, I'll rarely shake it anymore, but I get loads more keif since i put it in there. Plus it makes a great scoop to load the bowls. I highly advised everyone do the same.

15. see, the problem with leaving it in is your bud becomes that much less potent. With the nickle in there its knocking trichs of the plant matter. i like it in there only when im collecting the kief, that way the bud stays the best it can be, and i still get more kief then if i didnt use a nickel

16. #16 Chronimac, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    honestly, the amount of trichs you lose from a nugget is unnoticeable, and i dont like to spend time "collecting keif" id rather just always be gathering it, and always have be there.

17. make sure you dont pound it too hard broken screens suck....done it twice

18. I found it better if you use some type of brush. Nickels are for spending.

19. brushes are for teeth

20. some brushes are also used for grinders Bizzoo- halfbakedgoods dot com

Attached Files: