nickel in the grinder

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Soldagram, Jan 7, 2012.

1. who does it

2. I did it when I had a grinder but don't shake it with bud in it just use it for the sides n top shaking down when it's empty.

3. Do you do it? And what does the question mean?

4. Hahah the classic nickel in the grinder trick, yeah i would do it when i wanted to make hash by compressing pure THC, i would put a g in of high quality and get .3 of kief lol good times with the compressed hash

5. Call me crazy but I'd rather keep the trichs on the bud I'm smoking. Which is why I rarely use a grinder.

Get your kief from trim, smoke the buds. I guess I don't understand why you'd want to keif the buds you are going to smoke?

6. call me crazy, but i'd rather get basically the same high, and then have all this kief

7. I use this, but i haven't noticed a major difference. Last few times i've picked up, i've alternated it. I used this method twice and without twice also, there is a small difference, so i'd say you should use this method. Kief is great for when i'm dry. :)

8. Haha yeah i use to think like that too, until i discovered that i could still have dank even though its ground up...but on the side i could get around a gram of hash for free!

9. I have a 4 piece grinder, how do I do this trick? :smoke:

10. you put the nickel in the area the weed sits after being ground up.

11. Couldn't have said it better.

12. I tried this for a while, then couldn't be bothered to do it again. I get enough kief from the bud I grind, and I don't have to worry about how clean the nickel is in the grinder.

As to the whole kief/nokief business: at some point with the bud I smoke there are diminishing returns, and I don't mind saving some kief for later. I'm going to appreciate it more sober than while I'm already blazing, so I do it, and I'm happier for it.