Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Niacin and Drug Tests

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shmu321, Mar 19, 2009.

1. I smoke pot very regularly, usually every few hours, averages to about 2-14 joints per day. Now, I have a court date April 28th.

My question is, if I completely stop smoking, and take 1, 500mg Niacin pill, every morning, for 30 days, will I be able to pass my drug test?

Normally it would be a no brainier but im fairly certain I qualify as one of those "constant pace" smokers who it could take up to 90 days to leave the system.

2. Niacin does nothing to make you clean; that's a myth. People started using it so their urine is yellow if they are flushing with lots of water and that suddenly morphed into the urban legend that it speeds up detox. It doesn't.

You should be fine as long as you do not smoke for a month and drink plenty of water the day before and of the test. Don't give them the first part of the stream; use the mid stream urine to fill the cup.

EDIT: Excercising helps too, just don't excercise the day before and eat a high carb dinner and breakfast.

3. Thanks for the reply. So im guessing there is no such thing as a vitamin or substance that helps THC leave the system?

4. That is correct. No matter what you might see in bold claims there is no quick fix aside from urine substitution which can carry it's own risks.

The high carb detox drinks with added creatine aren't totally worthless though; the reason I said eat high carbs the night before and morning of is that it puts your body into 'fat storage' mode so at least in theory you're excreting fewer THC metabolites because your body is creating rather than burning fat.

5. Im no expert but niacin is used to speed up your metabolism. Also thc is stored in your fat. Therefore by increasing your metabolism with the niacin it causes your body to burn that fat in which the thc is stored increasing the rate the thc leaves your body.

6. No, it doesn't do a thing to help speed it up.

7. "A deficiency in niacin may slow down your metabolism thereby increasing the potential for weight gain leading to obesity. By supplementing daily with a reasonable dose of niacin your metabolism is maintained or perhaps improved. A healthy and powerful metabolism may increase the percentage of fat burned as energy. "

It also says on niacin bottles "metabolism enhancer" so on that point i would have to disagree with you.

8. I didn't say it wasn't important for proper metabolism; I said it won't speed up the rate at which you eliminate THC, at least not by any appreciable margin.

9. You said it does not do a thing to speed it up now you are saying it does speed it up just not very much. You also stated that it did nothing to eliminate the amount of thc in your system and now you say it does just not very fast. I have to question the reliability of your answers due to the fact you have twice contradicted yourself.

10. i passed drug tests for 9 weeks using niacin and some cranberry juice, most of the credit definately going to the niacin. so i have to disagree with oldskoolgrower because there is no way i just got lucky...i was smoking 4 days of the week and using niacin for 3 and passing everytime..

11. I was wondering if you could tell us the amount of niacin you would take those three days and how much cranberry juice you were drinking throughout the week. Also was your drug test a urine based test at a lab?