Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Niacin and drug test?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PurpleDino, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I have a few questions about niacin:confused:

What does niacin really do?
    Does it help you if you take a mouth swab drug test?
    How fast does it work on a chunky person?

2. damn. i guess i need to see a scientist

3. I've taken niacin before and all it did was make me feel like shit. If you do end up taking it make sure to drink a ton of water for a few days before you take it. It's really easy to get dehydrated when you take it

4. I take a lot of Niacin.
    It helps cleanse your blood of toxins, promotes energy, and is a very good for controlling cholesterol levels.
    I started taking it when I began smoking. I was always told to drink a lot of water with it, and do not take more than 500mg a day, but do take 500mg twice a day if you are trying to clean your system for a drug test.

I would suggest that you start by taking the No Flush Niacin that you find at stores like GNC for the first month, and then take the regular 500mg Niacin tabs. The reason is when you first take it, your body feels weird, tingles, you get flushed, and your face feels like it is stinging. It only lasts for about 15 minutes, but take the NO Flush, and your body will adjust and you won't have those side effects near as bad when you start taking the regular.

I will say that Niacin is beneficial, but very harmful if you take too much. When I was taking 1000mg a day I felt terrible. Without a doubt I had a ton of energy from it (Was also taking a ton of Vitimin B as well) but it makes your body feel a little strange, and frankly, your urine stinks from it.

Do some basic research on it for more information, but that has been my experience. I still take it though for energy and cholesterol purposes...I only take one 500mg pill a day now instead of two.
    Cheers.