NFL racism lol

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Jsaunders, Feb 3, 2022.

1. I’m sooo sick of people being shitty at their jobs and then hem saying it’s racism when they don’t get rehired.
    First it was the jack off kapperdick and now the ex Miami coach saying because he was BLk he didn’t get rehired…. hmmm maybe it’s because you aren’t that good and no one want to hire you…
    Looks like the giants /broncos made a good decision to not hire you- look how you are acting when they choose someone else over you !!!! mid there was a race issue there would be no blks in football but we all know it’s not true.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah people just throw the race card whenever something isnt working out for them. It’s insane

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #4 Mvndanke, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    If there was a race issue there would be no African American people in football? Are you dense? Lol

The NFL is extremely exploitative and problematic.

I mean they have a rule to interview minority coaches. 70 percent of the NFL is black.

they fired the one black coach for being too good.

The other black coach that was fired was the head coach for my home team the Houston Texans. He was fired after one season as the head coach on a team that was drowning in scandal before he even got there.

Coach David Cully took the job in Houston knowing full well that he would have to answer questions all year about a quarterback that's on his team being paid, but not playing, and who has 21 lawsuits against him for sexual misconduct. Yet Cully took the job. So a team who had a top 10 ranked quarterback; Hall of famer JJ Watt, and several others star players that in the previous year went 4-12, coach David Cully took a team that had been completely stripped of all of its top talent from trades and legal issues; took them to a 4 and 13 season and was fired after only one year.

And now the Texans FrontRunner for their head coaching job is a 37 year old white, ex backup quarterback of 15 years who has zero coaching experience on the NFL level and on the college level. To add, this was Cully's 1st HC job. He is 63, and had been coaching in the NFL for 30+ years. His first gig was for the most sham front office in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ever heard of the Rooney Rule? It was so bad they had to instate this

“The Rooney Rule is a National Football Leaguepolicy that requires league teams to interview ethnic-minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is an example of affirmative action, even though there is no hiring quota or hiring preference given to minorities, only an interviewing quota.[1][2][3] It was established in 2003, and variations of the rule are now in place in other industries.”

The only problems is, they interview these candidates notoriously after the position is already going to be filled by someone else (a white man). When the Rooney rule was made I think there was 3 black head coaches, now there is one, ONE.

So it’s clearly not working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm pretty middle of the road when it comes to social issues but the Rooney rule is a joke. While there's nothing wrong with making some billionaire interview a minority for a job, NO ONE should tell them who to hire. These guys aren't stupid, if they believed someone would win them a title, they wouldn't care what color they are. But now, with some minority coaches screaming racism because they couldn't do they job, it's gone over the line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. the fact that you wrote such a well thought out post and it got no response lol. Pretty much reinforces everything you wrote. It doesn't matter how good you are or you make more sense than the rest. You just a ... Nevermind lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I'm so sick of people just being shitty. If you want too just ignore racism in the NFL or in the USA go right ahead but to act like it doesn't exist screams that you are upset that people are highlighting your once closeted point of views. Brian Flores was a great coach, genius on the defense end of the ball and improved the record for the fins every year he was there and the play on the field got better and i know this because I am a dolphin fan and i watched every game and he got fired so he could not get rehired because he was under contract. Colin Kaepernick was two years removed from almost winning the Superbowl as a very young quarterback lost by a field goal before he was blacked balled out the league. So if you don't smell something a little fishy their then you are that guy that will right this post. But maybe us blacks or as you abbreviated "blks" should stay in are place and when we fill racism is a reason why we are catching hell we should just shut up and take it. I can take when people lob racism over the internet in these forums, I believe my mind is strong enough to handle that, where it gets ruff is when it is coming from the people above me at the workplace. That is where coach flo and kap are living at right now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Then you hire them ….
    The great thing about America and being a independent business owner is you can fire and hire who you want. Who seems like the best fit. Who interviews better or worse.

So are you saying you agree with kolin and what he was doing on the field? You think if that was your BUSINESS that it wouldn’t draw attention whether good or bad… it’s your business!!!!

And you had an issue with a typed BLk? and then I get that I’m racist? Bro you have no clue about who I am. Stfu

9. I agree with everything you said about being an independent business owner in America. Hire who you want, the best qualified, friends or family anybody you want, you don't have to hire no minorities if that's what they want. But their is consequences to that good and bad. The problem is most people can't deal with the bad consequences. I don't believe in forcing people to do what they don't want too or feel the way you want them to feel. I like too see their true colors so I can decide if they are friend or foe. As far as the NFL it is a trade organization repres represented by a board of governors who are the owners which are represented by a commissioner who collective bargain with the union nflpa so they are more of a corporation then an independent business. So they have rules that are structured for the best interest of everyone involved, which includes protection of player and coaches " kap and flo" which includes firing, not hiring, and retaliating because of grievances and protest. Next I don't protest, work 12 hour days and I am way too tired to even move off my couch but I do agree with what colin did. Their is an injustice out their that's happening and too answer your question a small independent business is a place not to do it because they dont have a big platform if any platform at all. The NFL though, giant ratings national broadcast that's is where you do at. It going to touch a nerve with a lot of people but it's also going to have some people aware of something they never thought about. On you feeling like I called you a racist, never did that but I use blacks or as you abbreviated blks as a Red flag. Racist always say white people never say whites or the whites and they never say black people, they always say blacks or the blacks, never could seem to throw a people at the end of it, but truly sorry for offending you because i am not here for that and I just want you to see things from a different side you don't have to agree with me I just want the conversation to be had. Again with no sarcasm i am truly sorry.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  10. No worries. The biggest issue with online things it’s soooooo very easy to read something the wrong way.
    As a business owner - I don’t care about skin color at all - actually I grew up being raised that we are all imperfect human beings. I have love for everyone … honestly yes there is racism … but we have to be honest it’s not “just whites hating blacks” there’s racist people off all colors and many will commit crimes against there own race.
    Some people really don’t care at all about others or what happens as long as it is good for the individual (which is really sad)

yes it would be great for everyone to get along and be peaceable - people of all colors …. But how do we fix racism when it’s always happened since the dawn of humans- Cain killed Able (in the Bible if you read/believe). How many people do you know that have been fucked over by there own family members ??? How many don’t even talk to their family? we have the most basic breakdown of the family circle and people aren’t even will to talk to family members yet society thinks with all the family drama - that other people will love and respect strangers / a different race ?
    It’s a great idea but in reality, people will always choose themselves over others ( so to say- I hope you understand my point )
    The world needs more love

I put people in 2 categories- decent person or a scumbag - but that’s only after being informed/learning/talking to said person(s)-

it was Morgan freeman that said the only way to stop
    Racism is to stop talking about it and letting it wither away. I truelly believe and hope to god that in this world that I’m raising my son in - even though it’s changed soooo much since I was his age - that there are a large majority of decent people in this world. But the decent people don’t make the news -it’s always the load and troublesome people in the headlines.

I do think the word racist is used way too often

11. Been watching this thread for a bit, thanks to all in here for restoring a small sliver of my hope in humanity, seriously, to be able to disagree respectfully.

We don't have to like each other, but we do have to live here together.

There are people in here that I personally feel have some pretty abhorrent views on various issues, but with few exceptions, I'll take or give grow advice from them because the growing threads are generally respectful.

I think its because everyone in those threads has a common interest in growing the best weed, and that most of us still want the same basic things at the end of the day. Touched me so much I took 5 minutes to make my own meme about it.
    shake 2.jpg

Then again, there are some people who are so obsessed with certain issues that all you can do is tell them fuck off. The problem is deciding which are which without taking the time to get to know them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Who the fuck watches football anymore?

• Like Like x 3
  13. If I own a business, please show up to work and work. Using a platform at an owners expense is not right. Imo. Id have lots of respect to see the same members kneeling before a game walking the streets in protest.
    That to me, shows they "really care".

Those protests are at owners expense and on their dime.
    Notice, the on field protests caused some uneasying feelings and created another issue, honoring our military and vets amoungst fans, team mates and those families with ties to the military.

I'm 60+, I have always said, no way tv can influence the way I think about things. Wife was paid to bottle feed a pit puppy, eyes weren't open yet. 100.00 a week and powdered formula, and for a week only, then the second week, she was getting paid, I told the gentlemen that after 3 weeks, wife is attatched and you arent getting puppy back.
    Never have I seen anything good about pitbulls on TV or anything good said from those who haven't had one before. What caused my prejudice towards pits. Bad press!
    Her name is sister, she's 5 now, I have raised Chesapeake s for ever for hunting, very smart. This dog has never gotten violent.
    She is the smartest I've had and wasn't really worked with on house manners. We ran 25-30 mama cows, goats, chickens, sister thinks they are all family.
    Retired vet, I promise to do what I can to promote a better place for my kids and grand kids. I come from small towns, tend to know all. Denial that a problem doesn't exist is wrong, too much evidence shown to be true, if you disagree, stop wearing "rose colored glasses". Yes, as a immature kid, I told aggie jokes, polish, black, and all, never with any malice, just for the laugh or crave to be center of attention. That was many many moons ago.

14. Tons of people.

I'm still puttin on the hometown team in the background...but I've yet to actually watch a game this new season.

Basically over it but...old habits die hard

15. I haven’t watched more than half dozen football games in my life, and the last was Super Bowl IV, 1970… Even then it seemed a silly thing to watch; watching hired men play ball… Might was well watch paint dry…

16. [​IMG]

17. Always seemed to me that grown men enjoying rubbing each other all over on a ball field was “gay”,,, and those who get off watching them were gayer still… Nothing wrong with being gay though,,, sports and the military have always been the strongholds of such folk, and it’s great there has always been a place they could feel at ease…

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. My comment was more directed at their virtue signaling left wing black lives matter bullshit "protests". Who the fuck wants to watch a bunch of grown ass men who turn their backs on their nation as they get paid millions of dollars to play a game. Fuck the NFL and fuck those pieces of shit like Colin Kaepernick. Acting like they're fucking oppressed while they roll around in Lamborghinis with 5 pounds of gold hanging off of their bodies.

• Agree Agree x 2