Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Next Step for NC MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BlizzardKush, Mar 20, 2010.

1. I've been checking this out for a while, since well I live in Charlotte. But it seems all that's happened was one vote and now has been "stalled" according to North Carolina . But I'm just curious how long they can "stall" a bill? And any other NC smokers here? Please try and support this as much as u can through Contact Officials - NORML. I've read that representatives have only commented by saying "More research is needed". God I really hope NC does more than just stalls this bill, I honestly think if they held a state vote that it would be in favor of MMJ. And I'm moving to California in June for school, but personally I love Charlotte and the people here and if they had MMJ, that's just one more reason to move back eventually.

2. Gov. Bev Purdue said she'd never sign it if it ever came across her desk...but I agree most people in charlotte are for the bill..don't know about the rest of the state

3. Most of the Asheville/Boone area would be for it too i believe.

We'll have to wait until we get a new governor, but then it may happen...

I say good because I would get my MMJ card :hello:

4. thats what I'm saying I'm ready for that card.:smoke:

5. man fuck bev purdue ( i live in fayetteville)

6. repping wilmington! student down here would love to see some progress but nc is about twenty years behind in everything else what do we expect? too bad the state reps don't see the revenue that would be generated due to the fact you can grow anything well in our moderate climate and fertile soil

7. #7 StarfallSeven, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    The sad thing about NC, is it's actually considered a progressive state.

Or do I remember incorrectly?

8. Im from waxhaw (just south of charlotte) and I need this to be legalized cause I dont even have a dealer down here. New governor would be nice.

9. never thought id see another person from waxhaw on this site lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Ah, so another wilmingtonian (I think that's how they say it, lol, I ain't native so don't beat up too bad). Yeah, I really wish we could see some progress here in NC, but sadly I would assume the tobacco farmers and the big wigs that probably line their pockets from it probably wouldn't take too kindly to Miss MMJ stealing it's thunder. Sadly like you said most of ol' boy politicos are too stuck in their 'old ways' to see what a benefit medicinally-legalizing it would be.

11. as far as southern states go, NC is pretty progressive. but in the grand scheme of things, yes NC is still behind the times. Lots of great people though. It wasn't a good fit for me over all, but i did enjoy living there. had a lot of bad luck and terrible working conditions, but if i hadn't gone broke trying to survive, i'd probably still be living there.