Next state to legalize?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by wegrass, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Hey guys, sorry if this question has been asked a million times.
    I just want your opinion on the next state to legalize cannabis.

2. California, despite the results of prop 19 I think that the next attempt will work. 

3. California. Prop 19 of 2010 cant deal with the weed hype now. I think many states will follow. Time to buy some $tock.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Massachusetts will come soon. Or at least I hope so

5. I'm from Arkansas and we currently have 2 MMJ measures collecting signatures to get on the ballot.  Our measure on the ballot last year failed only by a few points and polls show opinion has shifted in this state since the legalization in Colorado and Washington. 

I'm hoping one of these passes and we become the first Southern state to approve medical. 

6. Nothing till 2016 in ca

I agree, California will try again and succeed soon. We failed the first time from a poorly drafted proposition

8. maine or cali. maine seems less resistant, smaller medical industry.

9. We're on our way.

10. Pick any state with a viable, working medical program in place and that is your best clue.
    "Legalization" means to do away with the concept of med mj. As that is where the true money is.

11. Apparently Alaska has a ballot measure with enough signatures to be put up to vote this year.

12. Glad to see someone is on top of things - Alaska is the likely the next one. 

Nice!

14. This was the outcome of California's last attempt with Prop 19 in 2010:
    [​IMG]
    ^Of course that only represents the geography and not the population, but the measure failed 53.5% to 46.5%.  If an initiative for legalization were put forth this year, I'm unsure about its chances of success.  General attitudes towards cannabis are changing for the better, but is 4 years enough time for a guaranteed victory?  Worse, a second failure in this state would probably stall future efforts at legalization.
    Cali needs to wait until 2016, IMO.

15. New Mexico started looking into it as soon as Denver and Washington got announced. I remember seeing a local news article about it. Arizona aswell. From what I understand is that local dispensary's are gearing up for legal also so I kind of figure New Mexico will be in the first 10 states for sure, if not the 3rd.

16. Man, I wish NC would step up.  We aren't even able to obtain medical cannabis.  How sick is it that our government, even after proof of all the medical benefits still won't give it to people that actually need it?  My uncle died from prescription drugs.  I can bet my life that if he had a medical prescription for cannabis he would still be alive today.