Next purchase help.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by G13adsAMY, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I wanted to go all out with the killadelph, however 4000 is alot od money on one peice. So the rasta coil will fit me good.

ForumRunner_20120323_184847.png

I am also wanting to get this ash catcher in red. I have one like it but it is not a disc.

11069_256_256.jpg

My dillema is, i have never smoked out of one. And would like to hear some stories GC has on them. Like coil getting stuck, drag, practical use, etc. before i drop a stack+. Id would like to hear real freedback on it. Cheers.

2. i have hit one illadelph. hit like a dream.

3. Sent you a pm

4. I'm glad you came to your senses haha

5. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']I'm glad you came to your senses haha[/quote]

You should still try and snap a pic of the one at your shop. I always like seeing Salt collabs!

6. I will the next time I'm in there may even be pics of it in a thread somewhere in gc. Maybe in my thread hold on ill go check

7. Meh.

My general impression with illadelphs.

Glycerin coils had an early reputation for failure and to me are a pointless gimmick. It will have drag, it will kill flavor.

8. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']I'm glad you came to your senses haha[/quote]

Thanks.for your two.cents. Yeah i am going for.the rasta coil. I am new to this site and you guys are really awesome for giving your input. You were right i will get the coil first then get my own custom concentrate peice.

9. I'm not sure that's the best choice for the cash. So many other brands offer far better pieces for far less.

10. I found a red and a black coil at a shop in fort worth(called 6 differant shops) i can get one for 750. I also found some red, blue, black. Showerhead ashcatchers for 250. Il post pics of whatever i decide to get.. Red coil with black catcher.. Or black on black... Black on red... Hmmm

11. [quote name='"dirtridge"']Meh.

My general impression with illadelphs.

Glycerin coils had an early reputation for failure and to me are a pointless gimmick. It will have drag, it will kill flavor.[/quote]

My coil has never had an issue and the frozen tube definitely works in cooling the smoke I also have no noticeable difference in taste between my coil or another piece I smoke(except vape)

I have the most standard killadelph coil and it is by far the best piece I have smoked out of and believe me I've hit tons of high quality glass. I also threw in a pic of my other illadelphs

Attached Files:

12. I found a red and a black coil at a shop in fort worth(called 6 differant shops) i can get one for 750. I also found some red, blue, black. Showerhead ashcatchers for 250. Il post pics of whatever i decide to get.. Red coil with black catcher.. Or black on black... Black on red... Hmmm

13. Here is more illadelph product from my local shop and more of what I got including my zob which is very nice but no coil

Attached Files:

14. Well, lots of people had those marbles falling off, but I guess you see more complaints than lauds for products.

To the second part, what do you consider high end?

15. I have smoked out of roors, Medicalis, zobs, and illadelphs all of which I consider quality pieces.

They all have there own perks and downfalls but I just prefer my illadelph

16. [quote name='"Ajd0003"']I have smoked out of roors, Medicalis, zobs, and illadelphs all of which I consider quality pieces.

They all have there own perks and downfalls but I just prefer my illadelph[/quote]

I wouldn't really call any of those brands high-end anymore, at least in the scientific category. Roors are plain tubes unless you get a roor tech, and then all they use are tree percs (if I'm not mistaken) Zobs are mass produced, and illy has always been a joke in my eyes. (lol @ getting a coil for more than a pillar) and medicalis aren't terrible, but they are along the same lines as zob

17. [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']

I wouldn't really call any of those brands high-end anymore, at least in the scientific category. Roors are plain tubes unless you get a roor tech, and then all they use are tree percs (if I'm not mistaken) Zobs are mass produced, and illy has always been a joke in my eyes. (lol @ getting a coil for more than a pillar) and medicalis aren't terrible, but they are along the same lines as zob[/quote]

I was gonna say all that you said :(. RooR tech uses barrel perks too! Lololol noobs. Don't waste your money on a coil. But then again. You know your high quality glass, right? Drop that grand!

18. #19 Ajd0003, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    What would you consider quality glass these days then?

Also forgot to mention I've recently been using a toro piece of my friends, it's very nice but I am a bong guy

19. Mobius, Sovereignty, Itza, Toro, MOmo, Migrant, there's honestly too many to list. For $750 you can get a Circ to 13 from Itza or even a worked Colby Double Bubbler (both of those are in the $550 range). You could even pick up a Joel Halen for that price!