Next Grow. Room Help.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Lordgenin, Apr 30, 2014.

1. #1 Lordgenin, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Hi, everyone.
    Ok basically getting ready to set up my new grow room. I have grown before in tent but now doing a room.
    I will kinda be all over the place but try to understand lots of ideas and calculations going into this.

Ok start of with equipment :
    (2) 4x8 flood and drain tray w/(2) 115 gal Rez
    (2) 1000 ghp submersible 100 watts
    (4) air cooled 600 watt hood & ballast 1400 watts
    (1) flip flop box
    (6) oscillating fans ~300 watts
    (2) t5 4ft 8 bulbs fluorescent 900 watts
    (2) inline fans: (1) 12" 300 watts & (1) 8" 200 watts
    (1) Air pump 100 watts
    (1) 75 pint dehumidifier 800 watts
    (1) AC ~ 3000 watts
    .... I don't know if missing anything if can think of anything later I will edit.
    Ok... Totally wattage ~7,200 .. 60 Aps .. 173 kWh @ 24/hrs .... That is a fucking a lot
    Which in turn had my mind blown and also being stoned lol. Back to the matter at hand I wonder how to people do 2K gardens and get away and all I want to do is a 1200 watt garden.

To explain wish I could draw a picture but close your eyes and visualize. A room 10x10x 8 I feel as thought that is a normal size master bedroom sometimes even bigger. Room hen divided into 3 kinda like a "T" 4x8 tray will be side by side by different corridors/room but same room u get the picture. Over each 4x8 tray is two 600 watt HIDs. SOG style no veg, also on a flip flop. Ok other room is veg for mothers and cloner under 24/hr t5's. How would I light proof easy panda film baby and Mylar. Ok... Now to ventilation. Hoods are being cooled by 12" max fan with downsized to 8" then tee off to all 4 hoods. Then one 8" with carbon just keep smell down in room. Next ... Idk... I need help I feel as though I am thinking to much I have all this stuff just sitting and trying to make sure everything is perfect before I even start. My main thing is light bill the average using 3bd/2b using 35kwh with this set up I will be burning about 60+ kWh with AC running all day I don't know how heat is going to be. My last grow no air cooled hood in tent was so hard heat was a killer and that was just a 4x4 tent and the ac just was not cooling to room to cool the tent. Still got 11oz from 5 plants in Soil which I think was very good. Yes I know doing hydro now it is different and I am ready for the challenge!!!!! Yes I never did hydro... Well I tried but failed but my ph was all fucked up but I think I got it now. Back to the matter at hand sorry I talking so much I talk a lot when I am high. I'm just shut up and idk toke some more.

P.s. Forgot to mention I live in a HOT ass climate outside 100 degrees all day everyday around. House insulation idk I wouldn't say the best I guess could use some work into that AC always running I like to sleep in 67-72 degree. I know I should move up north would be easier to grow but I love the heat.

Please leave comments,concerns, criticism if any. Sorry for those that hate my English. I do have a degree in computer science I am a programmer but at the end of the day I still write how I talk I know it bad it suck but I'm sorry I don't give a fuck. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE EVERYONE EVEN IN U JUST VIEW IT!!!

2. I would use wood framing and black/white poly to divide the rooms. I would definitely use the air conditioning.

I'm not really sure what else you are asking or trying to get advice on. I do believe you miscalculated your electricity usage though.

3. I do think so as well. I do beveled I did miscalculated my electricity usage.
    But yes I was mainly asking about electricity usage. I will go back over it and post each item and it watt/ kWh and time will be on.

4. You have 10 times more shit then you need to grow a kick ass crop.

You taken growing a plant and made it more work then it has to be.

before you start plugging in all this shit do you have enough electrical?

Hows your water quality?