Next crop

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sidious, Aug 14, 2002.

1. O.K. here's my dilema.....i am currently growing 1 plant in my cupboard at present over 7 1/2 feet tall...(next time i won't make the same mistake of triggering flowering too late) she is 4 weeks into flowering and is looking good...i do have the height for it......however what i was wondering was.....in my last grow i had her under a 150w mh and then for flowering under a 400hps....for my next grow should i go from start to finish with the hps or do the same as before......i have also heard that dual spectrum is really good?? any opinions.....my grow space is approx 3 1/2' by 3 1/2' by 10' high and i am going to grow 4 plants this time....any help would be appreciated.....Peace out....Sid

2. Sid,
    I would suggest (purely for convenience) that you put the seedling under HPS from start to finish.
    I have a smaller space (2' x 2.5' x 7') and have been growing 4 plants in that space under a 250 watt son t plus HPS light and all has/is going very well. Now into the 5th week of flowering. The seeds actually went under the light on 14th June, vegged for 4 weeks and then turned the light back to 12/12, at that time they were 15 inches apprx, now they are approx 3' . From seed to bud should only take about three months as sea of green! Smaller yield per plant, however the quality is excellent.
    good luck.

3. I was amazed at the rate of growth of this plant....i put the seed in soil on the 23/5/02 and she's huge now....i'm having to try to tie her off to allow the bottom to get light, but she's so big that she's touching both sides of the grow room, she's growing at approx 2" a day and i reckon that i've only got approx a week before i'm gonna need to chop the top or something....any suggestions on how to stop her touching the light....her stems are really thick and i don't think she'll take too well to being bent...i think she'd break first!!!.....Peace out....Sid

4. I to was confined on ceiling space, but the stems were a little more pliable since they have been indoors, with no fan for their short little lives. I would try bending her over some, leave it for a couple of days, and then a little more. Amazing how pliable those suckers are. Just be a little gentle. I would also rec that you bend from the very top, as this is obviously more pliable than lower on the plant.

Be cool my brother, and let us see how it works