Nexiusus's 3rd grow of 2009 journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nexiusus, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Nexiusus's 3rd grow of 2009 journal
    Well I'm finally in the swing of this indoor growing thing. After spending most of my growing career learning the outdoor trade I've crossed over to the dark side. I must say, I fuckin like it. Quick grows... nice harvests... control the weather and growing conditions. It really couldn't get much better than that. Anyway, I've sewn three custom strain seeds that have been bred by a friend of mine using various generations of a bubbliciousXafghan kush hybrid. It tends to lean towards the sativa side on most of it's phenos tho except the rare one that occured in my last grow that exhibits heavy indica traits and very short stout growth. For some reason it never musters up the heavy trichrome development of the bubblicious strain though. Can't wait to share with you guys. Comment, complain, whatever lets have fun.

Day 0 - 10/13/2009
    -------------------------
    Planted 3 of my bubbiciousxafghan kush seeds that I dubbed "Siamese Kush" after the results of my last grow (it had 2 natural main stalks). So I dropped 3 seeds in a cup of water and all were sinkers. I planted all 3 in jiffy mix in 12oz clear beer cups. Hopefully I'll get a nice 100% germ rate which is my usual experience with the sinkers in the cup of water method. I've put all 3 pots cups outdoors in non-direct sunlight inside my screen. These guys once they are vegged to the size I want will go inside for sexing then to be flowered. I know it sounds wierd vegging outdoors to indoor flower but it's difficult for me to let go of my outdoor roots. Outdoor vegging just seems to build much stronger plants at a better pace than indoor. Maybe it's just me.

2. #2 nexiusus, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Day 1 - 10/16/09
    --------------------
    All three seeds have succesfully broken the seed. One has just barely cracked its seed pod. Another has cracked the pod and put its taproot down. The third has completely made it out of the seed pod taproot down and is currently turning its cotyledons upwards. Hooray! Lets fuckin rock this bitch

Day 1:
    [​IMG]

3. Day 2 - 10/17/09
    --------------------
    Everyone seems to be plugging along just fine. One of the seeds has still yet to break dirt which is kind of odd. I hope it does its little dance soon. The 90+ degree weather stopped yesterday so hopefully I don't have to worry about the sun scorching any of my seedlings. We'll just have to wait and find out though. I really can't wait to pull these guys indoors and hit em with the 12/12 in a few weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]