News special report: Debt Agreement

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Aug 1, 2011.

1. You didn't address what I said, the Debt "crisis" isn't a crisis at all, you thinking that it's so important is asinine.

2. Where did I say it was important? I'm just communicating the urgency as it was communicated to me. Don't like it? Show me statistics that prove it's otherwise not urgent. Burden of proof is not on me, you're the one stipulating it's all bullshit.

3. #43 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Look up the Oregon rep's speech on the senate floor about it. I think it might've been Bloomenhaurer (sp?) that was talking about it. It's not 100% fiction, they're just making a big deal about something they've done over 100 times before no problem. I never said it was fictional. ...

4. #44 m00zix, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    I understand the "crisis" has been around for a while. That does not negate the fact that it is an ever growing "crisis."

When I say fictional I'm referring to you referring to the crisis as a "crisis." Why is it not a crisis? Because we can just raise our debt ceiling to negate the problem a little longer? How proactive.

Let me put this more bluntly. (lol)

Are you telling me the debt crisis is not an urgent or important matter because it has been a problem for decades now and we have gotten around by raising the debt ceiling and we should continue to do so? Do you also support the average person that lives outside of their means by living off credit cards?

5. Typical American right here.

6. #46 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    It's not a true crisis because it wasn't a big deal or anywhere near a national emergency the last time they did it or the 100+ times before that. lol They're only making a big deal out of it for the press. Hence the whole TV special BS with A Look Inside Capital Hill and all that bullshit. lol

I'm not ignorant to the fact that our debt is a problem that we need to fix and somewhat of a growing crisis itself, but at the 'cusp of default' isn't where we actually stand. Sure if they don't waist it, we'll be in deep shit, but we don't have to worry about it. They raised it every other time and they'll raise it again. It's just this time NBC or CBS or whatever gets to video it.

7. #47 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    No, I don't. I'm against taking on debt at a personal level. It's stupid and economically not sound a majority of the time.

8. So tell me, how does raising the debt ceiling directly effect the people? Generating more money to compensate for a higher overhead just creates inflation dude. That sounds like a pretty bad thing to me

Also, I would argue the problem is the government's inability to proactively go about avoiding this, not the means in which they go about it.

Ron Paul 2012.

9. #49 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    It is a bad thing. Why do you think our currency sucks shit compared to the Euro and British Pound? Obviously there's a problem and an ongoing crisis, but there's no real acute debt ceiling crisis.

Also, wait before you post. This editing posts 3 different times is annoying. I read it, then go to quote it, and there's suddenly more, then I post and there's suddenly more again.

10. #50 m00zix, Aug 1, 2011
    Wait before I post? Nah. There's an edit button for a reason, and I'll be damned if someone tells me not to utilize it.

Why? That's the question I've been trying to get at. 14 trillion dollars in debt sounds like a problem to me.

11. #51 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    Dude, just wait before you process your ideas. I'm not going to respond to third edits if I don't see it until after I post. It's your loss. If it isn't quoted above, I didn't see it when I wrote this.

Why what? lol I've already told you why for all of my info. If it isn't enough I'm sure google might bring up even more info, but I'm not going to repeat myself when I've already answered you.

12. You're expressing the debt "crisis" is not an "acute debt ceiling crisis" yet you won't explain why? Then you tell me to use Google? If you didn't want to support your beliefs, then don't engage someone in a discussion regarding them.

13. #53 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    No, I already explained why. :confused: Reread my posts because I've mentioned it several times already. I told you, I'm not going to relentlessly repeat myself for the lulz. If you want more info because my reason wasn't in depth enough for you, then google will provide you with further reading, though it is not necessary to understand the basis of what I'm saying.

14. #54 m00zix, Aug 1, 2011
    I have skimmed them and fail to see where you give me a reason. I would gladly use google to further investigate that reason, but you simply did not list one! The only thing you have said was, and this is not verbatim, "the debt crisis is not a crisis simply because the problem was pre-existing before all the media attention." additionally, "It is not a problem because we can simply raise the debt ceiling as we have previously done" to which I have already responded by essentially saying inflation is not a resolution. To bluntly put it so you can give me a real reason, RAISING THE DEBT CEILING DOES NOT PERMANENTLY NEGATE THE PROBLEM OF INCREASING DEBT AND INFLATION.

EDIT: ... I have come to the realization that you are not looking at the problem proactively and this is why you do not pose a viable "reason". You truly are American.

15. #55 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    Ok, I specifically told you what to look up in one of my posts using the language "google...". Don't skim, reread my posts and you will surely find it. I refuse to just repeat myself. It's not a debate worth having if you couldn't even read my previous responses. I KNOW I deserve more consideration than that whether we're just on an Internet forum or not. If you can't even recognise a real reason when presented to you or refuse to acknowledge it, you don't need one because it isn't going to do anyone any good anyway.

16. Your realisation is false. I'm being proactive, but you're just refusing to acknowledge my reasons, which aren't even mine, but a congressman's. That's just ignorance, IMHO.

17. You fail to address the fact that simply raising the debt ceiling does not negate the problem (the problem being inflation.) That is the only point you pose. I don't understand why we're going in circles, man.

18. #58 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    I'm not going in circles. lol Obviously it doesn't negate the problem and I've already acknowledged that.

Also, I find it a good thing you find being an American a distasteful thing to be an insulting to call someone. Maybe you aren't so ignorant afterall...

19. Also, that isn't the only point I posed. Reread (or read for the first time, I can't tell) my posts and you will find the others.

20. Then ultimately, any point you have posed regarding the debt ceiling is rendered invalid and a useless post in this thread. Knit picking details is about as proactive as your view on the debt ceiling.