News for Colorado MMJ patients.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Jeramiah, May 5, 2010.

1. Last night on the news they were sensationalizing a stoned dog that got high from a edible that was thrown away in a dumpster. And just today I found out that each patient has to shop at one dispensary or caregiver! There has to be something we can do like vote to keep this from passing.:smoking:

2. http://www.cannabisnews.org/united-states-cannabis-news/pot-measure-smoked/

I think its what you are talking about. But fear not my friend, if Cali is in first place for full legalization of marijuana, Colorado is in a close second, every week if you look hard enough you can find information about how someone somewhere is "trying" to change the law that WE as state residents already voted and that WE as a state WANTED. because they think its affecting our youth or some bullshit, or whatever it maybe that week that they trying to cop it out to be.:cool:

3. can you back up what you said about having to shop at only one shop, and they have to be your caregiver?

some people have told me this before, but i have disregarded it cause the people who told me that usually dont know what they are talking bout hah.

4. I'll be in Boulder in a week so I've been keeping close eyes to what Romer is doing also and yea, he's right. Lawmakers are TRYING to keep people from going wherever, and more. They're also trying to make They want this law implemented within 6 weeks of its passage instead of a year. You know there will be lawsuits upon lawsuits once and if it's passed so hopefully that will delay it's startup. The only good thing about this bill is that it does add the dispensary model to Amendment 20 and it will also start some kind of petition for marijuana's rescheduling.

Brian Vicente has a ballot initiative up his sleeve if this passes and so far, it's looking like he probably will try it since these lawmakers are being assholes.

And let's not forget Tvert's filing of an initiative for legalization. Hopefully he'll a campaign if this passes.

5. well i heard he was trying to do this and all, but i thought that it is going to be delayed for at least another month if not more due to the fact that the wording of the bill was just as unclear as amendment 20.

i thought thats what i heard on the news, but in my defense i was baked.

6. OK, while some of this is a bit sensationalized (like the dog story, he ain't exactly gonna die from eating edibles), some of this could actually be a GOOD thing in making the MMJ industry a bit more legitimate.

For example, I can see the logic with the one dispensary/caregiver move, since that is the same way they are cracking down on all of these pain management clinics that people are shopping "around" and getting multiple scripts written for painkillers. It's just a move to curb abuse, that's all, and like I said, it mirrors the rest of the legal "drug" industry moves, and makes the MMJ scene look all the more credible. Yeah, that does mean some level of control, but I'd rather have that than it be illegal altogether.

7. the news story was actually kinda funny.

for being on fox, i thought it was gonna sound a lot worse than it was.

at one point, the owner of the dog was like, my dog was "stoooooooooooooonedddddd" hahah.