Newly single or how to deal with being alone

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by closedingirl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. So, due to some seriously fucked up events, I find myself single after six years and that included being engaged for two years.

I'm so used to having a significant other and I find it kinda scary living without one. Not only that, but he took my cat too...so I'm pretty much alone now. How do you guys recover from break ups after long relationships? Gimme some coping skills.

2. Whoa hon......that is a tough one.

Get a new cat for sure.

3. #3 Thinker2357, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    You might consider a new relationship. It is never too early to start shopping for a new man.

Is this helping at all?

4. eh a rebound boyfriend is only gonna remind you how much you miss the other guy. i'm a straight male but imho your best bet is to hang with your girls for awhile and smoke some herb.
    getting too drunk will cause you to rant about your lost love to anyone and everyone, so stick to three glasses of champagne or less! (no clue if you drink that but i've found it's tasty as sprite, with the effects of 8% malt liquor)
    so yeah, smoke weed, drink a bit, but not too much champagne, and take up a good sport. something you like, doesn't need to be a major competetive thing, just something to get the blood flowing from something besides your ex.

oh, and i find that bongs make great lovers.

5. By simply not giving a fuck.

6. you put your dick in your bong?

7. Who doesnt!?

8. youll be okay man go out to the bar shoot pool meet other people hang out smoke at home jack off for afew weeks maybe re discover what makes the YOU happy the the US and chill

9. Thanks guys. I will try some of these things. I don't have a car, so hanging out with anyone other than my roomies will be hard, but there are a lot of things I can do to keep myself busy.

10. Fuck i hope thats what he meant

11. never forget how many fish are in the sea...and consider it a time to personally grow..everything happens for a reason

12. jack off,,,, haha bro its a chick

13. I was gonna say something but decided there are worse things that need correcting. :D

14. Go to parties.

Surround yourself with friends.

If you can let go and have sex with someone else you know that he's not the only person who will satisfy you, nor is he the only person you can let into your little world.

And if you don't want to just have some strange, hahahaha, then go for the rebound, but please let them know that they're probably just a rebound... maybe even casually label it "fuck buddies" who don't fuck other people. I believe someone said it'll make you miss that 6 year relationship dude, but let's be real. Fucked up things happened and I'm sure this wasn't the first time... being with someone else on a romantic level, even just for the time being, reveals to you all the things you were blind to when you were with him.

15. He took your cat?! What an asshole...

16. I don't think you'll have to worry about this catstealing asshole anymore.

17. Yeah...didn't even get to say goodbye either. :(

18. Don't be sad, you'll get to meet your cat later. It's not the last time you're gonna see your cat. You've got to rescue her!

Hm... may be he wants you to come back?

19. I doubt I'll have any contact at all anymore. The last thing he had of mine was my Grave Digger 25th anniversary shirt that my father gave me and he said he'd return it tomorrow. That should pretty much be the end of things.

20. The sad thing is, I don't have the money to take care of the cat and he does. So, it's best for Ziggy to be with my ex.

I don't think he wants me back due to him saying some nasty stuff and ending with "I don't like or love you."

Fuck him.