Newly Planted Germinated Seeds - Yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MikeD89, May 10, 2012.

1. I just started my first grow and think I may have over-watered my seedlings. I filled my solo cups up with Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 the day I started germination. I planted the germinated seeds after 48 hours. When I planted the germinated seeds the mix seemed dry so watered each one maybe 3 tablespoons of bottled water (hadn't set up my RO Filter at that point).

Three out of the Four have sprouted and the seedlings are 1/4" high. One was spouting up crooked and growing downward so I brushed away the perlite that was holding it down very gently with a toothpick. It's still crooked but it's only been a few hours and hopefully it'll perk up by the morning. The other two seedlings are slightly yellow. I'm thinking that I didn't need to water them the day that I planted them. Can anyone confirm this as the probable cause?

Should they be fine if I leave them alone for a few days? Not to mention I think I may have planted them a tad too deep. If I screwed up beyond repair it's not the end of the world cause I have more seeds available to germinate. Thoughts?

2. mmmm them not being vibrant green when they come out of the soil is fine. plants are green from the generation of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll absorbs the spectrum in white light except green which is why it appears green to you. Whats interesting is a red apple appears red because its skin absorbs blue light not red. Red is reflected back. So everything you see is basically a illusion of color. Ponder that :)

Yes leave them alone. Biggest make of new growers is dicking with there seedlings every hour. If the soil is moist your fine.

3. Well the fourth seed has finally sprouted through the soil after 48 hours. The first seed to sprout is standing tall. #2 is still a bit on the yellowish side with slightly curled cotelydons. I hoping that she'll perk up in the next day or so. I think the soil is plenty moist and should be fine through Saturday maybe even Sunday. I'm really just crossing my fingers on the last two. They both look pretty pathetic. Only time will tell!

4. how many days you into your grow? because im on day 11 and still a little over a inch tall :/

5. I transplanted my germinated seeds into my Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 on Wednesday 5/9. So roughly on day 2 at this point. I just glanced at them when I woke up to check the moisture of the soil. It's soooo hard to not just mess with them all day. I'm trying to leave them alone. Didn't get exact measurements but I know my tallest is about an inch and the other three are between about 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch. My tallest has a Siamese Sprout. I'm not quite sure how that is going to affect things. I suppose make another post and see what the people say. I'm charging up my digital camera to start a journal shortly.

6. Post pics so it's easier to give a verdict on whats wrong. I wonder if your soil ph is low.