NewJersey 2011 Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by blowtreesgrow, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hola Grasscity! Como estas?

jkk wadup nigggaz :smoke:

This year, i will be attempting my 2nd outdoor grow. me and a buddy are growing together and are going to go big. Im posting this to get help from grasscity, so i can be guided along the way.

I need to know everything, what soil, germinate or plant in soil, how to tell males from females, when to plant, what to plant, how to start them, everything.

We have plenty of money to buy nutrients and fertalizers etc.

We are growing in 100 acres of sticker bushs next to a forest and a pond within 100 yards! We are considering growing some autoflowers, for an early harvest.

We are thinking about growing 20 to 30 plants. what general area will the yield be around? We are both new to the subject, and are ready to go all in on this grow.

We are going to plant a few plants in pots, and the rest in the ground. What pots and how should we go about doing this?

any advice needed

:smoke:

What strains should we grow?

2. Get feminized seeds online. Great genetics and you won't have to pick out males. Some strains that I am using this year in my grow are:
    Holland's Hope
    Easy Sativa
    Some auto's
    Possibly a UFO or two

Read Corto's http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/308969-outdoor-grow-guide.html It's really all you need to know. I'm using his soil mix and topping technique.
    Plant mid April- early May. I am germinating in solo cups, letting them develope roots, and transplanting them into their final 10 gallon holes.
    Hope this helped. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions regarding my techniques or anything about my post above.

Good luck :hello:

3. #3 clodhopper, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    Game301 is giving good advice about the fems. They make life much easier.

"We have plenty of money to buy nutrients and fertalizers etc."

Btg, you have a unique situation and you should take advantage of it. That is, you are planting all of your plants in one area, one type of soil. Many of us are all over the country with differnt sites and the soil at each site being differnt.

Youre lucky because you can take a soil sample from the dirt in that field and have it analysed for ph and nutes. The test are usually about 30 bucks and they give you a detailed report of how much nitro/lime etc that needs to be added. Get it tested, dig your holes and add whatever the report says and youre ready to grow. That will be far cheaper and easier than any other course you can take.

There are tons of places that do soil test. You should start with your states dept of ag - they direct or facilitate commercial farmer testing and may even do it themselves. Tell them you want to grow a patch of corn and this is your soil -no worries.

Outdoor pots are labor intensive for guerilla growers, requiring 3X or more water that in ground plants and unless pots are large, soil temps can mimic outdoor air temps= male flowers sometimes.

Goodluck to you and your buddy!!

4. just a heads up... Geting caught with a grow op in NJ doesn't come with just a slap on the wrist like many other states. people who have been caught recently get many years in prison. having said that the demand is very high and because of these strict laws not many people attempt large scale grows. the man is not looking as hard for the people growing as they are for truck loads coming into the state. can be very rewarding but it is one of the riskier places to try. as far as the ferts go...find something like espoma garden mixes. they contain good stuff like seed meals and it should be all you need besides the water. Good luck and take back the Garden State!!

5. dont worry bout buying main brand soil that everyone uses on this site.you live in the garden state.find a mulch shop and buy some top soil.we have the best top soil in the world