Newfag energy question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cocomoco44, Oct 22, 2011.

1. I was wondering.. since alot of lights trigger electric company's attention, could a small turbine or solar panels work out well? i could afford them and was thinking of doing it then applied it to my grow, would that work out well? how efficently?

2. Unless you're running a few thousand watts of lights, nobody will notice. A new large screen television can use over 1000 watts.

3. The turbine and solar panel will help you. If you can afford them go for it.

ohspryro89 is right, unless you run more than 4000 watts you pretty much have nothing to worry about.

I know home owners who have a bigger bill than I do and they have NO light. Jacuzzi, deep freezers, Very large hot water heater, home air conditioners.

4. i know, just saying it could help so i could size up without the bills going up too much. How many would be needed for a 400w setup to be self sufficent? any guesstimations?

5. Fan and all, I draw about 550w with my 400w light, 130w fan, and small circulation fan. Even in 24/0 my bill only went up about $25 per month. In 12/12 it is even less now.

6. Of course the best thing to do is find out how much your power company charges per Kw/h and then find out the wattage of what you're planning to run, you should be able to calculate a pretty good estimate on how much your electricity bill will go up.

Of course setting up your light hours so on is during the night or whenever your power company has 'Off-peak' times.

7. If you want to know how many panel you need, the best thing to do is call a solar power company. Instead of telling them you have a light, say its a jacuzzi. They will add up your home wattages and tell you what your options are in different price ranges.

The expensive parts are the inverter and panels. A 10f x 10f array of panel would be plenty to keep you bill normal, probably even less. New panels pump out a lot of juice. Then you need a 1-2kwatt inverter at least.