Newcomers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nReaper, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Yea see the only problem I’m gonna have there is that the room that I’m pulling my fresh air from is pretty cool so that’s gonna cool down my tent even lower than 18.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well depending on the square footage of the area around the tent,the in and out and the space surrounding it will always be the same ambient temperature,given the place is insulated well.
    But even if you were going to use a space heater you still need an intake and outtake going for even atmospheric pressure in your tent!

3. Yes I most definitely do and I have that set up and it’s both been running for my 18H of light but for my six dark I have just been running my small clip on fan and opening my door just a bit to let heat in from my space heater. I’m only on day 10 from seed. But I’m gonna try running my intake and outtake and see what I get for temp if it gets to low then I’ll have to move my intake to a upper level where the air is not so cold.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been running the exhaust even during lights out only using passive intakes. Is that ok?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keep temps warm for small guys like that, to be Frank,I'd just run a fan in there for now crack a corner at a high point in the tent and not worry about the bigger install til it's a bit bigger,maybe run a space heater in there while your there and seal tent to hold heat in without exhaust or intake over night

6. Alien monkey, yes small is ok,but as they get older the tent will be sealed up running a carbon filter,it depends on setups,I run a carbon filter because some strains just linger in the air and really hold their place even with airfreshners,so carbon filter kills all! I overkill so I have no worries,smells like a hospital in the room..loll
    But if your just opening flaps and using exhaust,may as well slap em in a room with the ambient air all around her,she will feel less restricted and you'll more than likely get some bigger plants! Also depending on the light soil,pots etc...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yea i don’t even really need a carbon filter for a while do I? I think I’m gonna just remove the carbon filter and run my outtake on low. And feed heat in through one of my vent flaps if needed. How low can I let my temps drop with a seedling around day 11?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Just keep the heat up during the day and seal it all up at night! No need for carbon til flower

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here's update without lights on. Been busy haven't got a chance to be on much since last post. I'll be going back n reading it all now. 20181213_125650.jpg 20181213_125638.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Yes, bagseed and will be day74 on jan. 10. Only thing bad about that game plan is I suck at trimming dry. Lol tried it once was not so good. Letting it go till day 84 might not be good either tho.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Maybe you could give it a bit of water before you leave and shut off the lights so it starts to dry in the pot and then trim it as soon as you are back.

• Like Like x 3
  12. So I’m on day 13 from seed and I have my girls under 250w hps right now at 16” from canopy I was wondering when should I bump the wattage up to 400w and at what height should I raise my lights if I do bump up the watts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. I had mine at 16" and had to move it up to 20" because my second set of leaves were all gnarled up when they emerged. Try 400 watts and 24" and keep an eye on them for a couple days to see if they are happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. How many watts did you have on them at 16”

• Like Like x 1
  16. 250

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yup 250

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey @Framia just set up scrog if you want to see how I do it! The sativa elgrande is not liking the manipulation,shes the far one in the back drooping! That is the most difficult strain I have ever grown! Bitch freaks out over everything! Defoliation she stresses,watering stresses,I've ph'd check,ppm check transplanted to see roots, she just hates being touched! She will probably herm out by end flower, keeping my eyes on her 24/7 :watching:
    Dont want to lose her,but shes an easily stressed strain! Flipping the switch to 12/12 tomorrow! Soon as she decides that the net isn't a pitbull!..haha:huh::p

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hey looking good man! Is it a bitch to water them in the scrog? How long does that Sativa take to flower?

• Like Like x 1